Rename uploaded file

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Zettelkasten, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zettelkasten

Hello!

I want to change the names of my plugin's files to all be the same. This will make it easier to update my plugin as the risk of unintentionally having two versions of one plugin installed twice is less.

Thanks in advance,
    Zettelkasten

BTW I don't know if this is the appropriate forum, please move it if not. Thanks

2. Offline

chaseoes

It is not possible to change the filename without deleting the file and uploading a newer version.

_LB likes this.
  3. Zettelkasten when using the FTP, you can right-click the plugin and click on rename I think.

4. Offline

_LB

kekistar There's FTP access!? How!?

5. kekistar likes this.
  6. Offline

Zettelkasten

kekistar _LB Yes, I want to rename the files on BukkitDev. I do know you can change the "Name" of the file, but I want to change the "Filename". FTP access does not exist for BukkitDev files, right?

kekistar likes this.
  7. Offline

Gater12

Zettelkasten
    Yes it does not exist.

As far as I'm aware.

8. Sorry I thought you meant for your server. No you have to upload the files again, sorry!

_LB I thought he meant on a server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  9. Offline

Zettelkasten

kekistar No problem, thanks for your reply anyways!

@BukktDevTeam Add a file renaming option, please? I'll give [cake]!

10. Offline

drtshock

That's not possible with the system we have in place. You can change the file display name on BukkitDev but not the actual file name that people will get when they download it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.