Solved Removing splash potions fully for select players

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by GeorgeeeHD, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GeorgeeeHD

Hi I need to make it so only some players can see a potion thrown by another player. In a 1v1, only those 2 players should be able to see it. I have methods to get both players and i just need to make it so nobody else can see the actual potion entity (which I have coded) and then also not hear the sound of it hitting the ground nor see the particles it creates. I'm currently using ProtocolLib for the first part so yea if Comphenix or anyone else that knows ProtocolLib well can help that would be great :)

Thanks!

2. Offline

Zettelkasten

GeorgeeeHD You would need to prevent the potion packet to be send to other players then the two.
    This is not really possible without creating your own Craftbukkit version and replacing the packet with your own, but maybe others know a way.

3. Offline

GeorgeeeHD

4. Offline

GeorgeeeHD

5. Offline

fireblast709

GeorgeeeHD ProtocolLib can indeed capture and cancel the spawn packet of a splash potion entity.

6. Offline

Adoma_

Well you could make your own mod and implement it in to CraftBukkit.jar Would help but im plugin developer and os deleloper. You could block manitulate and give the nearest player the postion effect that applys to the potion.

There might be a way to do it but cant really think of anything on the top of my head.

7. Offline

GeorgeeeHD

fireblast709 Can you help me? I know how to remove the actual potion entity itself but I'm not sure how to remove the particles and sound it creates when it lands.

8. Offline

fireblast709

9. Offline

GeorgeeeHD

fireblast709 I've never used ProtocolLib before and tbh I just don't know what to do with the link you posted above.

10. Offline

GeorgeeeHD

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.