Removing Recipes stalls the server?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by russjr08, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

russjr08

I'm trying to remove a few recipes with my plugin, and when the plugin gets to the removal process, it freezes the server.

This is my method of removing recipes:
    Code:
    public void disableRecipes(org.bukkit.inventory.Recipe removedRecipe){
            Iterator<org.bukkit.inventory.Recipe> iterator = getServer().recipeIterator();

while(iterator.hasNext()){
                org.bukkit.inventory.Recipe theRecipe = iterator.next();
                if(theRecipe.getResult() == removedRecipe.getResult()){
                    System.out.println("Removing Recipe: " + theRecipe.getResult().getType());
                    iterator.remove();
                }
            }
        }
    Does anything look like it would freeze the server?

2. Offline

Minnymin3

Does it completely freeze the server by completely not responding for a few seconds or "completely never going to respond you killed me good job"?

3. Offline

russjr08

It freezes forever. I let it sit there for five minutes before deciding that it wasn't coming back.

I almost feel like there is an infinite loop somewhere..

4. Offline

Minnymin3

Ok this kind of thing happened to me a bunch of times. Couldn't get around it so I submitted a ticket. Still not fixed... Its a problem with the way Bukkit handles recipes (or the way minecraft handles recipes)

5. Offline

russjr08

Aww poop :( I was hoping to override a few vanilla recipes... I guess I could listen to the PreCraft event, but that seems a little messy..

6. Offline

Minnymin3

Thats, sadly, the best way to do it.

7. Offline

russjr08

Hmm, alright. To change a bad situation into a good one... I guess this'll allow me to easily alert users of the recipe change too. Hit two birds with one stone :)

Hmm... any way of comparing if a recipe is the same as a custom one without checking their result?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    Minnymin3 likes this.
  8. Offline

Minnymin3

Its a bad idea thats one way that I crashed my server... repeatedly... again and again trying to fix it...

But click here if you really want to try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.