Solved Removing chat completely.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by phil14052, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi again.
    So I have a ClearChat plugin. Some of the people who have downloaded the plugin are complaining about you can just scroll up and see the messages again. I have a system where you can choose the lines you want to get cleared. But they put it to 20 so it only clears the bad message. And thats here where they scroll up.

To get ontopic.
    Is there a way i can remove a message completely. Without spaming the chat with " " messages? I have not found a plugin that has done this.

The complain:
    [​IMG]
    Yes it's on spigot. But I got the complain on spigot. So... :)

Sorry if you don't understand. If you don't I can explain it more.

- Phil

NOTE!
    THIS IS NOT A AD FOR MY PLUGIN!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Offline

WolfMage1

@phil14052 You can probably use ProtocolLib to remove them.

3. @WolfMage1 I have tried looking on the internet for something using ProtocolLib but nothing. So if you know a example I would be happy if you shared it. :)

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Then you need to catch them first. And if you catch them then you could also stop them from being send.
    There is no way around this, the client itself can modify the chat, server can't do that.
    Even if you decide to resend the recent chat then you would need to filter out the bad message.

5. Offline

WolfMage1

It's definitely possible
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/messageremover.1400/

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

7. Offline

WolfMage1

By looking at the source of it, it does actually just resend everything in the chat history,

It assigns a hash to each message sent, then when someone clicks the X on the message, it resends everything and puts <message removed> on it. so by the looks of it, that's the only way you can do it.

@phil14052

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.