Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

drdanick

Try .reschedulerestart 6h

3. Offline

MG127

when restarting with the toolkit i get very often "too many open files" error from many plugins that the server doesnt start complete and ppl get a "read timed out"
    starting normal works fine but will result in an out of memory after 4-5 h thats why i restart every 3 h
    R10 a9.2, bukkit 766

4. Offline

drdanick

Can you please post the output of the console when you experience these errors?
    Also, the "read timed out" error is a known issue with bukkit.

5. Offline

MG127

problem solved, defaultCommands had a bug, and its fixed now with its newest dev-build

Q: How do i use the ItemCraft mod with the restarter?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  6. Offline

drdanick

Set overridden-process-arguments to this (assuming you are using linux):

Code:
    overridden-process-arguments=java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -cp plugins/ItemCraft.jar:craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main

If you are running the server on Windows, use this instead:

Code:
    overridden-process-arguments=java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -cp plugins/ItemCraft.jar;craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main

7. Offline

MG127

how ever i did this, but it works :D
    thx

8. Offline

Grimshak

I was wondering. I'm just looking for the /restartsrv command in the game. Can I JUST place the plugin (MinecraftRKitPlugin.jar) in the plugins folder, and that would add the server restart command without needing anything else? Thanks!

9. Offline

drdanick

For the restarts to work, the wrapper needs to be present. You can disable everything apart from the ability to issue restarts in the wrapper config. If you would like, I can provide a configuration template that does that.

10. Offline

ephesian

is ther way to issue console custom commands?

11. Offline

drdanick

Can you elaborate? Where do you want to issue them from? Do you mean the ones bundled with the wrapper, or a bukkit plugin's console commands, or do you mean you want to be able to create your own commands?

12. Offline

ephesian

as u install a plugin,. and type commands direct to console. rather then ingame?

13. Offline

TheShadow777

hey i have a problem with the udp client, i have set a user and password and now i change the password in the .bat but i cannot connect with the new password on the server with the udp client but the old password works. what its wrong ?

14. Offline

Jakeob22

I followed the instructions very carefully and thought that it would work. But of course, it doesn't... just my luck. Okay, here's my problem. I installed everything right but when I open the .bat folder, it opens a command prompt window but closes very quickly. I couldn't even read what it said. Just to be sure, it's supposed to open... right? It says I can open it with the command prompter but i'm not sure how?

15. Offline

TheShadow777

hey my problem has clear :p now it works with the new user and password :D

16. Offline

RollFIzzlebeef

Try these directions to get to the command prompt: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chdos.htm
    Or, just edit the .bat file in Notepad and add a "pause" to the end of it (on a separate line).

drdanick likes this.
  17. Offline

PatrickFreed

Is there a place for the 3rd party modules? I'd like to download one.

18. Offline

drdanick

I haven't documented the API properly yet (developers need to get in contact with me), so there aren't many modules. There is currently only one plugin that includes an RTK module: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/17249

I am working on improving the module system and it's integration into the toolkit vastly. Expect more from it in the coming months.

Mighty Mackinac likes this.
  19. Offline

PatrickFreed

Cool, I can't wait to see what people come up with.

20. Offline

Retricide

Whenever my server gracefully restarts, due to the automated restarts, it rolls back at least 45minutes of work. The server runs a saveall every ten minutes, and gracefully stopping the server doesn't rollback, but every automatic restart causes a rollback. Any ideas as to why?

I havnt seen any errors, but I'll check again today and see if there are any.

21. Offline

drdanick

That is odd. Are you using the toolkit to do saves, or a bukkit plugin?
    The toolkit restarts the server by sending the stop command to the console, so the fact that that is causing a rollback, when manually entering it is very strange indeed. Try lowering the restart period to about 10 minutes and let it restart a few times, do you get any rollbacks then?

Also, what version of craftbukkit are you using?

22. Offline

sharkale

you check the new "-nojline" parameters for craftbukkit? maybe fix the xp problem.

23. Offline

jaes84

How do i do stuff like Force Restart, Force Stop and Disable Restarts from PHP? I'm trying to code an interface for this for my website, but i can only get version, hold, restart and unhold working. It does this by using $fp=pfsockopen and then fputs($fp).

24. Offline

Retricide

I was using 760, or 766, whatever the RB was. I just switched to 798 today, So i'll give it a try with that.
    I'm using the toolkit to do restarts, and I figured it sent the "stop" command, which is why I'm so puzzled. I'll test out the restarts once I get home later.

25. Offline

drdanick

I'll look into it as soon as I can.

http://forums.bukkit.org/goto/post?id=16353#post-16353

26. Offline

sharkale

27. Offline

Retricide

The rollbacks have stopped, but I have a feeling they might start again.
    Now, however, I am getting this error which is hanging my server. It might be due to a plugin failing, because I think my "Falsebook" is outdated, but Ive gotten this error before:

28. Offline

drdanick

That would only happen if the toolkit attempted to write to the console if the server was not running. But if it were not running, it should trigger a restart. Can you pastebin a little more of your log, including a generous number of lines before and after the exception.

Also, what operating system are you using?

29. Offline

Zarius

Had a problem recently where we lost about 2 hours work on the server.

The problem was caused by the backup plugin I used (it failed to backup and crashed with a NPE after disabling level saving, hence no data was saved until the scheduled restart) and I've reported it there but I thought rToolkit would have done a "save-all" or some such (doesn't the server do this by default) on the scheduled restart? Saw a message that says "saving chunks" in the log during the restart but doesn't seem to have worked.

30. Offline

Kahl

Is there a way to have it wait a little bit longer before starting the server back up on its restarts? It does not finish the saving process before it restarts so things do not end up getting saved and a "rollback" occurs.

31. Offline

Retricide

I'm pretty sure the problem with falsebook crashed the server, so it returned the error like you said it would "if the server was not running."
    I havnt cleaned my log in a while, so I could dig through it and find you the error log, but I think I've found the problem.

Also, could you add support with itemcraft when starting the server:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...tems-recipes-entites-mos-creatures-766.15808/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.