Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

drdanick

Try putting double quotes around C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

("C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe")

3. Offline

vitowito

ohh .. stupid me .. thanks for that . but another error popped up when i started the batch file.

Unable to acces jarfile \Minecrafs Server\bin\craftbukkit.jar

this is my Minecraft server folder and the bin folder

Okok , i fixed the issue by butting the.bat file in the Minecraft Server folder instead of Minecraft Server\bin

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  4. Offline

Ahfaichucky

I'm having a dupe issue, like before a server restart i had 10 diamond in my inv, and then place it in my chest, when server restarted i have the diamonds in my inventory & the chest, what could be the issue?

5. Offline

drdanick

That will be a bukkit problem. All the wrapper does to initiate a restart is send "stop" to the console. What it looks like happened is that your player file did not get saved along with the world on the stop. This should have happened, but it is the servers responsibility to make sure that it does.

6. Offline

ValBGaming

Im using this to run it.

@echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar user:pass
    pause

But it says it cant find the path specified, I have checked the path over and over and it is correct, any idea's on how to fix this?

7. Offline

drdanick

Try replacing "Program Files" with "progra~1", though i'm not if it would help, seeing as you already have it in double quotes.

8. Offline

grizzlymann

Try using an escape character.

C:\Program/ Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

9. Offline

ValBGaming

Thanks for the help, but it turns out the problem was I forgot to say "Program Files (x86)" instead of "Program Files"

Also is there any way to stop the server? I mean without just exiting it? Because whenever I type "stop" in the CMD it stops it and just assumes a restart. I'm uncomfortable with just exiting the CMD.

10. Offline

SVoyager

Hello, I have installed this plugin yesterday and so far it works very well, great plugin!!!

I have however one issue. I seem to get this spam on my console once evry hour or so:
    UDP Socket exception: java.net.SocketException: socket closed
    Starting UDP listen server on port ****

My port forward is done in the router, and I can control the server externally via the web and its working fine. I don't seem to have any issues related with that spam beside the fact that it spams the console once evry hour.

I tried looking at this forum and while I couldn't read all 23 pages, I have found someone with a similar issue a few pages back but that it seemed to have fixed itself somehow.

Running on Release 10, Alpha 8.3 and craftbukkit 684.

Thx
    SV

11. I get this as well. Half my console is comprised solely of these messages. If I stop the wrapper completely and then start it up again, it runs fine until the first automated restart. Then the console gets spammed. Someone suggested that it is due to the java process not being killed properly, so I'm not sure of any way to fix it :(

12. Offline

sharkale

this is because the wrapper restart his conecction every hour. its normal. if you get a this message consecutive in the log is because nothing more appeared on the console during this time.

13. Offline

SVoyager

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so normal info, nothing to worry about :). thx!

14. Offline

drdanick

How much time is there between these messages?

use .stopwrapper

15. No time at all. The whole block of errors appears at the same instant.

16. Offline

ValBGaming

Thanks! :)

17. Offline

drdanick

Ah, yours was for the socket not being bindable, rather than it being closed. Does a finite number of these errors show up? If so, it might be a quirk in synchronization, and I can suppress some of the errors if need be.

18. Oh yeah, so it was. My mistake! The error looked tantalizingly familiar.
    There is a finite number of the error messages, all of which appear in a single block at the same instant. But the amount of messages varies each time.
    My original error post to save you looking back for it. Start-up log looks no different now to what it did then.

19. Offline

Ahfaichucky

this cant be used in build 714, i know its not a recommended build but will it be fixed soon after an rb for 1.5 comes out?

20. Offline

drdanick

It works on all three of my test servers with build 714. What isn't working for you exactly?

21. Offline

Ahfaichucky

well its was working for me back on 684, but i got an out of memory exception on console while trying to start the server..

Bat file
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar ****:****
    Wrapper file
    Code:
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit.jar
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal
    server-arguments=nogui
    initial-heap-size=1024M
    maximum-heap-size=3500M
    overridden-process-arguments=
    server-restart-alerts=20m,10m,5m,1m
    server-saveall-period=0
    server-restart-delay=6h
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    severe-exception-detection-level=1
    import-properties=true
    I have 4 gigs of memory..

22. Offline

drdanick

Can you lower the maximum heap size in decrements of 100MB, then tell me what works? Java, in my experience, doesn't like running if you're allocating that much of the total available memory.

Edit: Check how much memory you actually have free before the server is started. In my experience, I would not expect windows to use less than a few hundred MB.

23. Offline

crohakon

Is there a chance you could make this so that when it does a reboot it rereads the wrapper.property files so that we can make changes such as which bukkit file it loads?

I name my bukkit files according to build..
    craftbukkit-b677
    craftbukkit-b714
    et cetera...

At the time the only way to switch the build is to sigterm the rt and server as the remote stuff does not seem to work for me and there are apparently no in game commands to tell it not to auto restart if you want to do a shutdown (or maybe I missed them?)

24. Offline

drdanick

Use .hold and .start (.unhold in the next version) in the console to pause and resume restarts respectively. That will allow you to perform an update to bukkit without stopping the wrapper.

25. Offline

SVoyager

One minor issue I found but im not sure that you can do something about it. The webpage you gave for controlling the server remotely works wonderful however there is one command that doesn't make it thru. The "Force Stop" command doesn't work. I'm not sure if its the server or the webpage that is the problem. Can you confirm??

https://drdanick.com/mcremote

26. Offline

drdanick

Yes, I can confirm that it was an issue with the wrapper. It has been fixed and will be released in an update tomorrow.

27. Offline

SVoyager

superb! thanks!

28. Offline

crohakon

Thats nice and all, but I don't keep the console open. I have my server in a rack 3 hours away at a data center and my only other computer is a laptop that I take with me so keeping a terminal window open does not so much work for me. An in game command for these functions is desired. This would also allow my moderators the ability to use these commands as well.

29. Offline

drdanick

Ah, read over you mentioning that you name your craftbukkit jars by build number, which doesn't quite suit you swapping the jars over while the server is in a held state. Right now, the toolkit is unfortunately incapable of reloading the config without restarting it, but that is planned for the next update. I will, however, gladly implement an in-game command for forcing a full stop of both the wrapper and the server.
    The update will be out within the hour.

Update!

Release 10 Alpha 9
    -Added true crash detection with an effective heartbeat system.
    -Added a user management framework to the Toolkit. Allows multiple users access to the Toolkit's remote functions!
    -Passwords/usernames are now case sensitive.
    -Added .restart as a console command to gracefully restart the server.
    -Added support for restart rescheduling from both the console and in-game.
    -Added the /stopwrapper in-game command
    -Various bug fixes.

Still to come
    -Prevent heartbeat responses from being logged
    -The ability to reload the Toolkit configuration without restarting the Toolkit.
    -An android application
    -Map backups integrated into wrapper (delayed to figure out a decent way of working with the new chunk system)
    -Module documentation. Developers can PM me in the meantime for some example code.
    -Major code refactor.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  30. Offline

GmK

@drdanick

Fantastic! Not that I would have needed an update as this was working since thousands of builds ago (approx ;)) but it is great to see you still adding new things to it!

31. Offline

cholo71796

Is there any way to execute the .bat from something like Brohoster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.