[RELEASED] [MECH] [SPOUT] AdvancedPvP v1.0 - Weapons Cooldown and lots of other features [1317]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Belf, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Belf

AdvancedPvP (released)

Enhancement of the combat system in Minecraft.​
    Weapons Cooldown and other features.​
    Summary
    AdvancedPvP aims to improve the combat system in Minecraft. No more spam click, players has to launch their attack at the right time.​
    It's my first plugin, so I am open to suggestions and comments!​
    Features
    - Weapons can now have a cooldown​
    - Spout support​
    - Damage configuration​
    - All items support (Bow included)​
    - Parry / Backstab / Critical strike / Disarm / Blocking / Counterattack / Knockback​
    - ENTIRELY configurable​
    - Items which are not in the configuration file don't make any damage​
    Spout infobar :​
    [​IMG]
    Installation
    * Download the latest version and place the .jar file in the 'plugins' directory.​
    * Delete the folder "AdvancedPvP" if it exists.​
    * Restart the server​
    * Configure AdvancedPvP (see below)​
    * Restart or reload the server​
    Permissions
    advancedpvp.nocooldown
    >> Default to Op, remove the cooldown on the weapons​
    Configuration
    config.yml (sample file auto generated)

Show Spoiler

Code:
    # Knockback Power recommended to be between 0 and 0.4
    General:
        cooldown-on-change: false #Reset CD when player change of weapon  ; recommended to set to false
        pvp-only: false # speak to itself
        cooldown-on-damages-only: true # Cooldown is activated only if  you hit a Mob or a Player ; if set to false the cooldown is activated if  you left click with your weapon on a Block/Air ; recommended to set to true
    Weapons:
        '0':
            Counterattack: 0.05 # Probability to counter an attack (value has to be between 0 and 1) - only PvP // Not used for Bow
            Base-Damages: 2 # Initial damages, type '-1' to use vanilla values ; 1 = 0.5 heart
            Blocking:
                Probability: 0 # Probability to block an attack (value has to be between 0 and 1) - only PvP
                Damages: 0 # Amount of damages blocked
                KnockbackPower: 0 # Power of the knockback (applied to the defender)
            Backstab: 0 # The damages multiplier if inferior to 1 there is no backstab, in order to make 50% more damage type 1.5 // Not used for Bow
            Critical:
                Extra-damages: 2 # 1 = 0.5 heart
                Probability: 0 # Probability to make a critical (value has to be between 0 and 1)
            Parry: #Not used for Bow
                Probability: 0 # Probability to parry an attack (value has to be between 0 and 1) - only PvP
                KnockbackPower: 0 # Power of the knockback (applied to the attacker)
            Cooldown: 1000 # In milliseconds
            Knockback:
                Probability: 0 # Probability to knockback with an attack
                Power: 0 # Power of the knockback (applied to the defender)
            Disarm: 0.05 # Probability to disarm with an attack

Known bugs
    Major : None to my knowledge
    Minor : In config.yml the "General" node is a the end of the file

TODO
    - Armor values
    - Shields
    - Permissions to use weapons/armors

Changelog
    15/10/2011
    v1.0
    * Spout support
    * A lots of optimisation
    * Better GUI
    * Better backstab system
    * Bow support
    * Bukkit Permissions

29/08/2011
    v0.2
    * Bufix when hiting a Player in his head
    * Blocking / Disarm / Counterattack / Knockback
    * Defender abilities
    * Better cooldown handling
    * Some code rewriting
    * New configfile

25/08/2011
    v0.1
    * First release

Credits
    nisovin - for his forcepush code

2. Offline

Belf

First release, comments are welcomed

3. Awesome! Thank you so much for this! I'll try it out soon, I'll be back in 2 hours, and I'll post all my findings. Thanks again for working on this!

4. Offline

Belf

Great, i'm looking forward to see this! I'm also open to suggestions/improvements.

5. I played around with it alot, and I REALLY like it! Its at a great start!

Somethings I really really enjoyed:
    -You can set up ANY item or weapon's values. I REALLY like this.
    -Critical Damage addition is a nice touch!
    -Setting Cooldown is perfect!

Some things I think could be added to improve:
    -Parry should protect you from a portion of the damage. I think right now, you have it as, the enemy parrys your attack, it should be you parrying their attack. When you parry, it should knockback, the person who got parried (when you add knockbacks)
    -Add Blocking, so people can create shield items, which when held, give you a chance to block an attack entirely!
    -Configurable fail messages would be awesome.
    - When you eventually use spout, you should make a UI that shows when you can do your next attack, so it doesn't have to spam chat.

I'll play around with it more, but so far, I REALLY like it! Nice job!

6. Nice plugin :>

- Rather than (/ as well as?) the shield idea that Raught19 suggested is it possible that certain item's give a percentage increase in one of the stats? For example, carrying sponge while I fight increases Critical Hit Chance by 5%? Not sure how others feel about this but it has the potential to make 'useless' items more valuable on PvP servers. (Sponge, records, bedrock etc)

- Possible to add armour values with configurable Crit reduction and increased parry?

Thanks, awesome so far ^_^
    - Dannie

7. Offline

Belf

Thanks for the feedback :)
    I just updated the TODO list.

@raught19
    I'm ok with you for the parry ability ; for the knockback system I made one yesterday but it's not very good, I didn't find a good way to do it without using a teleport system which made it very odd but I'm still investigating this.
    All the messages are going to be configurable for the official release. For the Spout thing it's at the end of the TODO list, i don't know their API very well for the time being.

@DannieP
    I love the idea of items, i'm going to figure out something to use them with the inventory.

By the way, if you find some big english mistakes in my first post, please let me know ;).

8. Your very fluent so far, better than most English speaking Minecraft players. :)

I'll keep brainstorming about possible additions, but its very awesome so far and its hard to think of improvements XD Great work! :D

For the knockback, try looking at how MagicSpells or Heroes, did their forcepush. seems like that, is what would work best. Hope that helps :D

9. Offline

Belf

@raught19

I have a lots of ideas to improve the armors (damages reduction on certain weapon ; immunity to backstab/stun/bow ; change of velocity etc.). I'm going to test them when i come back to work.

I just take a look on the forcepush in MagicSpell and now I understand how to do it, I asked the dev if i could reuse some of his code.​

10. @Belf
    The 'to do' list is looking awesome, good ideas in there.
    Can't wait for the full release!

11. Offline

Belf

Updated to v0.2

12. awesome! testing it out now! :D

13. Offline

Belf

14. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, some real life stuff happened right after I posted this XD and since most of the features required another player, I hadnt had a chance to try it, but I got my friend ready, and were trying it now!

15. Offline

Belf

Hi guys !

I just made a big update on this plugin and i'm going to release it very soon (probably today or tomorrow).
    Tests and feedback are welcomed :)

16. Offline

BioRage

@Belf Hmm we should talk, seems you and I have similar tastes in a unique/harder mc experience :)

17. Offline

Belf

Hehe, when you want ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.