Solved Regular World Generation in an area...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MOMOTHEREAL, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MOMOTHEREAL

Hello!
    I am searching how I can generate a regular "piece" of world in a specified area, like a random map of "The Walls" or "Levels PVP".
    If you don't know these games, what I am searching for is to have a large bedrock cube, with inside a normal-like world, but only inside it.
    I would like to have it random so people can't have a route to ores.
    Any tutorials on this subject? Anyone experienced that?

Thanks,
    Momo.

2. Offline

Chlorek

Regular but changed as you like... I don't think it might be achieved without creating your own generator that is based on the original one.

3. Offline

MOMOTHEREAL

Where do I need to start? :p

4. Offline

Chlorek

MOMOTHEREAL
    You could rewrite whole generator by looking how is it done in Minecraft (decompilation). Anyway it's that hard I don't think anyone can do this, so it requires so much effort. I would think about any other method. Just thinking about catching ChunkLoadEvent, get chunks copy and paste them in your cubes. Many ways to achieve this, some better, some worse.

5. Offline

MOMOTHEREAL

Chlorek A lot of servers do this kind of thing...
    You are sure it is the only method?

6. Offline

Chlorek

MOMOTHEREAL
    If they use REAL REGULAR WORLD then I think yes, however you could generate such cubes with environement by yourself, I mean generating some stone with grass on top of it is pretty easy, but it's just simple custom generator. If it is all you want then it is enough.

7. Offline

MOMOTHEREAL

Chlorek Man, thank you so much, I just found an idea.
    What I'm thinking is, as you said, generating a basic grass on top of stone, and then replace some of the stone with randomized ores at randomized locations.
    Solved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.