/register?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DreamCastNetwork, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Dear folks,
    I have a mc server and what I basically want is to register on my website via my server.
    To create a profile just type /register your profile name on the website should be your minecraft username.

Does anyone would like to make this?
    or can someone link the plugin to me if this exists?

Thank you,
    DreamCastNetwork

2. Offline

snivell

I'm not sure if this is possible. Even if it is, it's out of my league to code. Good luck.

3. It is possible, i've seen this on the shotbow server. thanks anyway :D

4. Offline

snivell

Maybe so, but it will be hard to make.

5. definatelly, but it will be worth it!

callum.thepro and snivell like this.
  6. Offline

18Ar

I can do this for you. I have added you on Skype!

7. For all devs out there,

It's actually not too complicated. When a player types /register <password> (I'm assuming you'd also want to be able to set a password as well) all you need to do is save the player's name and password in a MySQL database. When the player logs in to your website, the site will access the MySQL database.

18Ar

8. Offline

Rmarmorstein

Even easier method would be to use the API for whatever forum software your using, and connect to that from your plugin and add a user via that api. I know something like this exists for Xenforo, not sure about the other scripts though.

9. Offline

18Ar

I understand that, I don't think it's appropriate to discuss those details on a forum do you?
    But thank you for the input, I was going to do something more along the lines of what Rmarorstein said.

10. Just putting my 2 cents in :p Btw what do you mean it's not appropriate to discuss those details on a forum? I'm simply throwing it out there for anyone who wants to do this. I don't understand how it's not "appropriate", especially when that's what a majority of the Bukkit Forums is for.

11. Offline

snivell

You people make me feel dumb. :p

12. Ok, thanks man! I am really exited :)