*REAL* Feather Falling

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nick131, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Offline

nick131

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a mod where feather falling is actually, feather falling. In other words, I want the players to fall down at a speed of two blocks or so per second, but land and still take the damage they normally would in vanilla minecraft with feather falling. For example, if I had feather falling four and I jumped off a 100 block drop, I would want to fall down at a relatively slow pace (so I can navigate better and more accurately), but still take the damage I normally would, which in this case, would be about 9 hearts. Is it possible? If so, can someone try to make it? :3

2. Offline

piano9uber

I don't know if this is possible to do. Ask someone else thats more experienced :p

3. Offline

cman1885

This is very interesting and I want to do it. However, I have no power because of a hurricane and probably won't for a few more days, so I can't start. If nobody else takes this up, I'll definitely do it.

4. Offline

piano9uber

Hurricane Sandy? I was affected by it, my internet finally came back on about 10 minutes ago -_-

chasechocolate and TacoMuffinCow like this.
  5. Offline

cman1885

That's the one. About 8 trees fell on my street and PSE&G said it won't even enter my town for like 4 days, so..

6. Sounds interesting, I might give it a shot.

7. Offline

nick131

Hurricane sandy hit us too, we're lucky to have power. Only street in town baby! Also, thanks ;3

8. Offline

RingOfStorms

The falling can be done just fine, it's getting the damage that is pretty much impossible after making a player fall slower.

TacoMuffinCow likes this.
  9. Just a thought, but maybe as soon as the featherfalling effect starts, it could check how much blocks it dropped, and converts it to normal feather falling damage..

10. Offline

PogoStick29

Simple. Make a PlayerMoveEvent and if they are falling (do some checking) set their y velocity to less than what it was.
    Here's a random code I wrote. I know it won't work, but it gives you an idea on how to do it.
    Code:
    @EventHandler
    public void onPlayerMove (PlayerMoveEvent e) {
      if (e.getPlayer().isFalling()) { // I know that's not real
        e.getPlayer().setYVelocity(e.getPlayer().getYVelocity()-1); // Something like that
      }
    }

11. Offline

Woobie

No such thing as isFalling, but you could check
    Code:
    Block block = player.getLocation().getBlock().getRelative(BlockFace.DOWN);
        if (block.isEmpty() {
    //stuff

12. Offline

PogoStick29

if (e.getPlayer().isFalling()) { // I know that's not real

13. Offline

cman1885

Ok, I'm doing this. Anyone else who is doing it also feel free, but I want to do it aswell.

How do you want this to handle landing in water?

14. Offline

nick131

I think water should negate fall damage as normal.

15. Offline

cman1885

The tough thing is that minecraft doesn't have a uniform way of handling fall damage into water, or so it seems. In places where you land in 3 deep water you can die, but if you jump before going down you can live in 1 deep water.. It's complicated. If you want I can make my own, fair, way?

16. Offline

nick131

sure!

17. Offline

Deathmarine

SUDO CODE:
    Lies (open)

Code:java
    1. public class Somename extends JavaPlugin implements Listener{
    2. public void onEnable(){
    3. this.getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvents(this, this);
    4. }
    5. @EventHandler
    6. public void onMove(PlayerMoveEvent event){
    7. if(!event.getPlayer().getInventory().getBoots().containsEnchantment(Enchantment.PROTECTION_FALL)
    8. &&event.getFrom().getY()>event.getTo().getY()
    9. &&!((CraftPlayer) event.getPlayer()).getHandle().onGround){
    10. Vector v1 = event.getPlayer().getLocation().getDirection();
    11. v1.setY(-2);
    12. event.getPlayer().setVelocity(v1.multiply(0.03));
    13. event.getPlayer().setFallDistance(0);
    14. }
    15. }
    16. }

PDKnight likes this.