'Read timed out' Error - Complicated situation

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by unv_annihlator, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

unv_annihlator

Server Version: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R1.0-b2149jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R1.0)
    Ram: 32 Gigs DDR3 1333
    Cpu: E3-1290 (8M Cache, 3.60 GHz)

Plugins: (some other custom plugins that I know aren't the issue)
    • AntiPub
    • ChestShop
    • ColoredSigns
    • CreativeGates
    • EnderPearlDisable
    • Essentials
    • EssentialsGeoIP
    • EssentialsSpawn
    • Factions
    • FakeOP
    • FalseBookBlock
    • FalseBookCore
    • FasleBookExtra
    • HawkEye
    • HeroChat
    • iConomy
    • LagMeter
    • LWC
    • MobArena
    • MultiInv
    • Multiverse
    • NoCheat
    • NoPwnage
    • Permissions
    • PermissionsEx
    • SpamGuard
    • VanishNoPacket
    • Vault
    • Votifier
    • VoxelSniper
    • WorldBorder
    • WorldEdit
    • WorldGuard
    IMPORTANT! I know that the first reasonable response to this issue would be to increase the amount of allowed opened files however that is set to 4million. Also I know the next thing that would be said is "Remove every plugin and keep adding them back one by one until you get the error again". That isn't possible as the error doesn't come up unless we have a decent amount of players on (20-100+). And I obviously can't have the server open to players to join without having a lot of the plugins on.
    I am just looking for any input about what the error could be, whether it could still be the OS settings, or maybe a known issue with a plugin. If you are going to tell me to remove every plugin then please also provide a way that I could test server load without removing protections/essential things from the server.

2. Offline

NightWolf

Update Essentials/Worldguard/WorldEdit. I find those plugins might be the cause. Also, see if it happens when a certain player joins. I found mine was a player. I deleted their file at /(bukkitdirectory)/(worldname)/players

3. Offline

TnT

It is a plugin issue. I do not see any in the list that stick out as something I can say "That plugin will definitely cause your problem if configured in 'x' way."

Trial and error. It sucks, but in my opinion its better than having your server taken down by that error.

Also, you may want to update to 1.2.5-R4.0. It won't fix your problem, but it will eliminate some dupe bugs.

4. Offline

unv_annihlator

I appreciate the responses, however this post was from Apr. 26th and the issue has already been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.