Read Timed Out, Console Freezes

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by slayr288, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

slayr288

Hello,

After a couple hours of uptime, my Server will kick all of the players, and then spam "Read Timed Out" and "Connection Reset"
    Something like this...

Build: #2615

Code:
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Connection reset
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Read timed out
    [INFO] Connection reset
    Now, when I type any command in the console, it doesn't output anything.
    Example: randomcommand
    Should return the "command not found" message, but it doesn't return anything.

When this problem happens, I have to cancel my screen session, and start it up again, since "stop" won't work.

When I do, it just happens after a couple hours of downtime once again, like clockwork.

Plugins List:
    Show Spoiler
    WorldBorder, TuxTwoLib, PlugMan, mcjobs, Buycraft,
    Vault, CommandTicks, uSkyBlock, DirectSupport, Announcer, SurvivalGames
    , ProtocolLib, Votifier, MobArena, mcMMO, GAListener, SBC, MultiInv,
    KeepXP, PTweaks, WorldEdit, LoggedFromAnotherLocationFix, MagicChest, AntiBot,
    TagAPI, MotdManager, PlayerHeads, PermissionsEx, Vote, MyCommand, Paintball, Wor
    ldGuard, MobSpawnControl, TimeLock, BKCommonLib, Lockette, Modifyworld, Essentia
    ls, Trade, AntiRelog, PlotMe, Prism, OnTime, NoLagg, CompatNoCheatPlus, ChestSho
    p, EssentialsChat, NoCheatPlus, EssentialsSpawn, VanishNoPacket, Factions, Multiverse-Core, BattleTags, Multiverse-NetherPortals

Anyone have any possible fixes/insight on this problem?
    It's a pretty major bug, and it's hindering my Server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  2. Offline

Spaceyavin

Same here. Glad to know we aren't alone - we were planning on switching hosts because of this.

3. Offline

jjacobson

Its not a host problem, its a plugin using unsafe threads. You will need to find out what plugin is causing it, I had the same problem with pex and removing it fixes it. bpermissions is much better then pex anyway.

4. Offline

Spaceyavin

Oh - PEX is causing it? Figures - not updated that in a while. I'll test that and get back to you. Thanks for the tip though. (not switching to bPerms though >:3)

>.< Not been updated. I guess we have no choice but to migrate. :/

Okay... I think Sentry, ChatManager and/or PEx have some part in this. If anyone has more tips, please post. Really needing help here.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  5. Offline

hockeyman2591

Its a will known bukkit bug. Other clients and myself and Eternal Realms and some others have the samething happening!

6. On a side note:
    Be sure not to use "/reload" unless you are using a recent development build of CraftBukkit (roughly CB2620 or higher), or a CB version from more than five months ago, because unless i am mistaken a bug has been around since then:
    https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/commit/eea7fc2067d7d7fc08c72414b662d0a065495264

I also discourage using "/reload" with players online (including admins...), because of the load order of plugins is not certain and the permissions plugin not being present while checking permissions might have unwanted effects.

Edit: If you used /reload with PEX you might have suffered that bug.

7. Offline

Spaceyavin

Damn - any way to fix this? Because temporarily removing PermissionsEx didn't fix it. Now that I think of it: I only removed the jar. Will the folder be what plugins look for when deciding what permissions plugin is used, or is it just the .jar?

8. Only the jar counts (or a jar). Without a jar, the folders don't mean anything to CraftBukkit.

I guess this is subject to "plugin list" and checking for updates of all plugins.

9. Offline

41nick

I have a similar issue on my server.
    Looking through your plugin list, the ones we have in common are: WorldBorder,
    Vault, PermissionsEx, , WorldGuard, Modifyworld, , Multiverse-Core, Multiverse-NetherPortals.
    I have ruled out WorldBorder causing the problem (at least, I still get the problem with world boarder disabled). The problem is a bit random, it normally takes a day or so to show up. For the past two days, I have taken "Vault" out of service (along with BOSEconomy and MasterPromote). To date I haven't had a repeat of "[INFO] Read timed out". So I am starting to suspect Vault (although no one else seems to have highlighted an issue with Vault)

As background, my server runs on Ubuntu 12.04 / 64bit, and uses open Java.

10. Offline

Grinjr

I'm having the same issue, but the only one I have in common with you is Vault. It might be vault, but here's the thing... I have used vault for days before this started happening, and it was only until recently. I don't know why all of a sudden it started acting up, it was fine before.

11. Offline

jjacobson

This can be caused by a lot of plugins, anything that tries to access threads unsafely will cause this.
    No, no its not. It is a plugin problem.

12. Offline

41nick

Its not vault -- i got a repeat of the problem today without Vault, BOSEconomy and MasterPromote loaded.

I will try "modifyworld" today.

13. Offline

Grinjr

It might not be vault, I have a topic here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/read-timed-out.127539/
    The plugin developer of vault responded to it and suggested that it might be a problem with one of the plugins that require vault, and that's why disabling vault fixes it, because it disables the plugin that is trying to use Vault. I would recommend just going through your plugins and adding each one at a time to see if it fixes it or not, or if you can find a better method to troubleshoot which plugin is causing it.

14. Offline

zhoniss

I have the same issue and it has to be world guard because that is the only one we have in common

15. Offline

winter4w

How can u fix it with world guard one ????

16. Offline

antares330

having a this issue as well!
    I will try updating world guard! hopefully it fixs it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.