[READ ME FIRST] Existing plugins

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by AronTheGamer, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Offline

AronTheGamer

Hello Crafters and Buckets,

Many many people want 'Custom Plugins', because it sounds cool. But plugin coding takes time. Often things can be done with plugins you (probably) already use, like Essentials, WorldGuard or VariableTriggers. Other things such as fancy shop menu's can be easily done by CompassNavigation. Many people underestimate the things you can do with many plugins, or when you combine them with others.

Often a dev thinks he could make a little extention to another plugin, but the client wants it to be custom coded and whatever more.

Dear people: PLEASE listen to devs if they say it would be easier to use an existing plugin or a little improvement to it. For my own server I use some little custom plugins written by myself, but things like GUI's, shops, coloured names in the tab menu and teleports are all done by plugis like Essentials, CompassNavigation and other commonly used plugins.

I hope you learend something today.

Byee

yoft likes this.
  2. Offline

Alster551

When you mention devs... Dont call them as "he". Not all devs are male.

3. Offline

AronTheGamer

Alster551 Haha, sorry, but you get the point, right?

4. Offline

Alster551

5. Offline

AronTheGamer

That coding an entire plugin is not always neccesairy/nessecary (idk how to spell) because many other plugins can do that simply.

6. Offline

Adriani6

Dear Sir,

Before you try and teach others about stuff, make sure you know the basic stuff. *hint* Category you posted in *hint*

This thread is useless. I bet no people who request will read it, its already covered in one of the sticked threads.

Also, us "devs" are here to point out the obvious, which you basically wrote ;) not everyone is as intelligent to know what most plugins do.