Re-Enable animal spawning?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by rmb938, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rmb938

Is there any way to re-enable animal spawning in 1.8.1? My server has no animals left and people are going crazy. I don't want to regen map chunks because most of them are built on.

I don't even know why Notch disabled the spawning in 1.8.1 why didn't he wait till 1.9 :(

2. Offline

Zaros

I have mobs in 1.8, no idea what you're talking about. Check your properties, and if that works check other areas. Mobs don't spawn in certain biomes.

3. Offline

rmb938

My properties is fine. I have people spread out all across different biomes and they have seen no animals.

4. Offline

GilgameshTT

I have run into this issue and it seems that the problem is items and mobs aren't despawning properly. I honestly don't know if this is a Bukkit issue or Minecraft issue because I haven't run a vanilla server long enough to find out. What I do know is that this has nothing to do with any plugins because I was running Bukkit for a little while without any. I saw this issue before installing any plugins.

What I have come up with for a fix it completely removing all entities to get things to start spawning again. Doing this once or twice a day seems to keep my players happy with the spawn rate.

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    (source included in jar)

This is a quick plugin I wrote up to wipe out all creature entities as well as items and arrows. Not included are minecarts and paintings (not sure about boats). The source is included in the zip and using the command /clearen will do the job. BACKUP your world first. I don't see any issues, but I don't want any one bitching at me.

Edit: Updated to require Op status.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
  5. Offline

Jackster21

server.properties file
    spawn-animals= true

6. Offline

GilgameshTT

It's not just animals, it's monsters as well. And this isn't an isolated issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.