Random Server-wide SMP Tag Game

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MildKid, May 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MildKid

Plugin category: Fun

Minecraft version: 1.19.4

Suggested name: SMP Tag Game

What I want:
    A straightforward game of tag. One player is "it" and tags other players by punching them with a stick or shooting them with an arrow. It would be awesome if there were a configurable cooldown after a tag preventing tagbacks and a shorter cooldown before being able to tag. Being "it" changes the color of their name and you cannot tag AFK players.

The game would start automatically/randomly when there are a certain number of players online and would go on for a while, resetting when there are not enough players are online and/or enough time has passed. A command to start it would be good for testing/admin stuff too. I don't want the game to end within one session, but it's important that it reset occasionally in case the "it" player doesn't log on for a while.

Sort of like this datapack, but without the tag item:

It would be really cool if the game could randomly vary between normal tag, infection tag, or mele-only tagging, but that would just be icing on the cake.

No teleporting or OP rewards. Just a simple game of tag that integrates with an otherwise vanilla SMP. Being able to configure things like cooldown times, tag items, additional gamemodes, the command that triggers upon a win etc. would be pretty sweet too but I digress.

The end result would be a kind of random server-wide event. Being able to configure things like how many players need to be online at once and whatever timings are involved would be useful.

When I'd like it by: Whenever. In the next month or so would be great

2. Offline

zDr4l

3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

JoseHarness likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.