Random Server Crashes

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by StScarface, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

StScarface

Hello i am running a server and every once in a while the server will crash, everyone stands still and then we all get connection lost.

Running Bukkit Build #1537

Plugins:
    Factions
    MCmmo
    Iconomy
    Essentials Spawn
    Worldguard
    Worldedit
    bAnticaps
    Combattag
    Chestshop
    Job
    Mchat
    Permissions
    Nocheat
    MXantiPVP Cheat

It is a 4 GB Server.
    Please help, thank you for your time!

2. Offline

Nathan C

It's a dev build for a reason.

The only tip I have for you is to NEVER use the /reload command. If you need to install a plugin or reload a config, then manually restart the server. When you use the /reload command, the server will eventually crash for unknown reasons.

3. Offline

StScarface

alright thanks for the answer! will do! hopefully RB for Bukkit comes out soon :D

4. Offline

lundahldaniel

My server crashes on the Recommended build when using /reload. When I had the not recommended it worked fine. Should I make a total server restart everytime I add a new plugin?

5. Offline

SkeloPatch

hmm, /reload works fine on my server when installing new plugins, perhaps its your internet speed, check to make sure your pc can handle the amount of players on the server :)

6. Offline

TnT

There are a great many reasons to avoid the /reload command. I strongly suggest not using it, or only using it on a test server.

It may work, but it can cause memory leaks, or other fatal plugin errors. Use at your own risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.