Questions from a new plugin dev

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Cyclometh, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cyclometh

Hey folks. I cobbled together a small plugin yesterday, submitted it to BukkitDev and eventually got it approved after a couple of rounds of making sure all my ducks were in a row. The plugin is here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/toughboats/

The plugin was finished before I created the project, so it's ready to go and in "Release" status, once the jar is approved, at any rate.

The question I have- and I'm sure it's a dumb one, but I'll be damned if I can find good info on it- is when and how do I get permission to post in the "Release" forum? I'm waiting on approval of my file, which I understand may take a while. When it's approved do I have to make a thread there myself, will it be automatic or is there something I'm not understanding?

There's a lot of warts on the process, including conflicting guidance in the various FAQs, and so I come here because frankly, it's hard to get a good sense of what's an authoritative source, especially when the mods doing approvals are linking non-Bukkit sites for guides.

Anyway, if someone has some insight, I'd appreciate it.

2. Offline

SnipsRevival

3. Offline

Cyclometh

Ah. I assumed that the releases forum was for new releases and that while they had modified the process, that new plugins would be announced there. Maybe I misunderstood; the documentation and information available is really quite scattered so it's hard to know what the process is.

Thanks for the followup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.