Filled PvPHitPoints

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Cujo69, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Offline

Cujo69

Plugin category: PvP

Suggested name: PvPHP

What I want: Pretty much when you hit someone it will tell you how much HitPoints of damage you did or hearts. It will than say their total health. For an example: John and Bob are fighting. John hits Bob and this message would appear in chat "you inflicted 2 hearts of damage to bob. 8/10 hearts" This message would only go to the person hitting the other player, so in this case only john would see the message.

This way a player knows how close they are to killing their enemy. Also not needed but would be very appreciated if you there could also be a combat log integrated with it. This log would allow you check who hit you, how much damage they caused, and at what time they hit you down to the seconds. This way players can see if people are using ForceField or just want to see how much damage their taking.

Ideas for commands: /log or /cblog this would bring up the log. /chp [name] check the health of a player.

Ideas for permissions: pvphp.check.hp - Check a player health
    pvphp.check.log- Check a player log
    pvphp.check.*- All permissions

When I'd like it by: In a month would be nice but anytime would do.

2. Offline

iWareWolf

Cujo69
    I could make this in a day. Do you have skype? Add me. DevilzBelow

3. Offline

Cujo69

That would be great! My skype is xxcujoxx3. Ill add you when i get home in like an hour or so.

4. Offline

iWareWolf

Cujo69
    Sorry. My javascript on my pc screwed up so I cannot add people. I need people to add me.

5. Offline

penguinben

There is already a plugin that does this. I will check where it is, but I have been on a few servers that have it.

6. Offline

Cujo69

iWareWolf
    Okay added you on skype

penguinben
    Oh really? If you could find out the name that would be great!

7. Offline

Chloe-chan

I have made this. Doesn't have commands or permissions yet. If you want, I can probably add in the next update.

8. Offline

Cujo69

Chloe-chan
    Thanks you very much you are awesome.

Tested it and it works perfectly!

Chloe-chan likes this.
  9. Offline

Cujo69

Chloe-chan
    Okay I found one little bug.(may not be a bug at all really) but if someone is in armor it will not account for it. So if someone has a diamond sword and hits someone else who is in full diamond armor it will say it inflicted 3 hearts of damage but really it only did half a heart. I can get some screen shots if you need them later today. Once again thank you for making the plugin in the first place!

10. Offline

Chloe-chan

Oh. I don't really know how to "counter" that bug, sorry. I made use of the attack event. I get the victim's health minus the attack damage. I didn't remember about the armor. Sorry ! ><

11. Offline

Cujo69

Just wondering if anyone could make this plugin that accounts for different armor values.

12. Offline

Cujo69

Any takers? =)

13. Offline

iWareWolf

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  14. Offline

Cujo69

iWareWolf
    Sweet man testing it now.. Get back to in a sec

Okay so I got this and could not test out the in-game play.. Hope this helps.

2013-02-25 21:39:35 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\PVPHealth.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: version is not defined
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:202)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:252)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:239)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:55)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:200)
    ... 10 more

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  15. Offline

iWareWolf

16. Offline

Cujo69

Just got done testing.. Looks great and thank you for making it but I did find a few bugs.
    1. The values are off, for an example I would hit a player and every time it would say you dealt 7 but in reality I would really only do like 2-4 damage
    2. After it says I dealt 7 damage it than sends another message right after that I did 1 damage.
    3. It does not register damage when I hit someone with the bow.
    Hope this makes sense Ill attach a screen shot of what it looks like. Also I can host a server and you can test out the plugin. 2013-02-26_15.12.01.png
    http://www.filedropper.com/2013-02-26151201
    Also when it says "You have dealt 1" the [x/20] Does not change.

17. Offline

Chloe-chan

7 damage = 3.5 heart. Developers use 20 health in Minecraft to represent 10 heart.

18. Offline

Cujo69

Yeah I get that but it wouldn't always do 3.5 sometimes it would only do 2 hearts of damage and say that I did "7 damage" or sometimes I would do 4 hearts and it would still say "7 damage" instead of saying "8 damage". I will double check this to make sure the guy I was testing with wasn't give me inaccurate numbers.

19. Offline

Chloe-chan

I've updated my plugin. It now displays the actual health with armour and enchantments. It now also have more support for more attacks : all projectiles, wolves are added.