PvP Rewards (iConomy, items, etc)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by wildshoetwt, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Codisimus

ya basically onEntityDamage you save this information so you can later look it up for onEntityDeath

this is bassically done but im having sum issues... ill upload a test build but i havent tested it too much bc of noone being on the server... will hopefully finish it tomorrow
    PvPReward

quick explanation on how the money works, it compares the two people KDRs and uses them to come up with a percentage, then you take that percentage of money from the killed player and give it to the killer.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  2. Offline

halvors

You stole my plugin. Now i gonna find some other thing. :(

3. Offline

Codisimus

i said i was going to code it on the 21st... would have stopped when you said you did it later but i already put too much time in it to not finish it, didnt mean to steal it from you but looking at the post i kinda "claimed" it first. id be happy to work with you on this project to make an even better plugin though.

4. Offline

halvors

Understand that, but maybe i can help you :)

5. Offline

Codisimus

later today ill clean up the code, add some comments and show you wut i got.

6. Offline

halvors

7. Offline

riuthamus

any plans to add bosecon support? Bounty hunter was suppose to but he seems bogged down.

8. Offline

Codisimus

Already does :) all my plugins do

9. Offline

riuthamus

Btw, off topic but I have your video finished, sadly they had me working most of the weekend so i havnt had much time to do anything with it. I am making it my priority to finish it by friday.

10. Offline

Magesblood

Would you be able to add a base amount of money for killing a person to? So maybe add the money your stealing from the player with a extra PvP reward which can be set to any value? Only ask because i want killing people the only way to earn money and if there is no money then this would do nothing :p.

11. Offline

Codisimus

i was kinda trying to avoid this since then friends could kill each other for money...

12. Offline

halvors

Do you release the source code at github?

13. Offline

Magesblood

Hmmm that is where a timer would have to be in-place then ><

14. Offline

riuthamus

we were talking about this today, could you add an option for a % of money taken upon the death of any player, this way we could, if we wanted, add a death tax! the money would go from the killed to the killer. YOu could also add a variable for chance of this to happen. Meaning, it wouldnt always take money

15. Offline

Codisimus

@riuthamus

16. Offline

riuthamus

not sure i like that idea, since i dont see what KDR has to do with anything. Its not a ranked fps server... but then again thats just me.

17. Offline

Codisimus

i understand that most server economies are different and will want different variations of this plugin so once i actually finish it with my method of payment i will gladly code any other ideas people have. I will add a config file and the user can chose which method they wish to use. So let me release this first and then any1 who wants a variation of it can then post on the thread. It does no good for me to code these all now when the rest of the code isnt working 100% yet.

18. Offline

riuthamus

indeed, just giving ideas!

19. Offline

Codisimus

once bukkit is up and running for 1.4 i have this plugins ready for initial release. right now there is a config file in which you can chose the style of receiving money. the three choices are "percent", "FlatRate", and "percentKDR". all three take money from the killed and give s it to the killer. will add an option that only gives the killer money and doesn't take any from the killed. currently there are a few issues with "percentKDR" but i can't test it as often as i need to.

EDIT: the 'D' in "KDR" refers only to pvp deaths

20. Offline

Magesblood

did you find a fix so someone cannot farm off someone?

21. Offline

Codisimus

right now the only thing preventing them from farming is that all money gained by killer is deducted from the killed player

22. Offline

Magesblood

Hmmm i see.

23. Offline

Codisimus

PvPReward still have a lot to do with it but heres wut it is so far

24. Offline

wildshoetwt

awesome job!

25. Offline

RomaClanServer

I would love if there were a way to just add instead of steal, I am looking to just reward a very small amount so that losers get something in events. Also, with herodeath and a spawn that takes about 15 seconds to get out of it becomes really easy to regulate farming.