PvP Help, not working with latest build ?!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by RonixHD, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RonixHD

I created a Archery Stadium where people can fight each other with bows and arrows, but PvP isn't working. All the settings are correct ex. pvp=true etc. I even tried creating a region of the area with /regios and settings pvp to true with no luck. At first i thought it was because that my friend and I are the admins, but then i brought my little brother into the server, and we couldnt even kill him. Any suggestions!??

2. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

u using worldguard?
    if u are...then its understandable that u use region flags...let see
    hmmmm...when u created the region(with worldedit right?), is that region isnt inside of any other regions u created?cause if it is...is the region where you created the stadiums region has a pvp flag set to deny?not allow?
    heres a pic
    [​IMG]
    the thing is...deny precedes allow...if you deny pvp in an area and u put a region in that area that has a pvp flag set to allow/true...it will still be denied cause deny precedes allow

3. Offline

RonixHD

No its not, it is its own separate, and no im not using worldguard, i cant even kill my friend in the unspecified regions of the world, like places that arent set to regions.

4. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

what plugins are u using
    and why not use worldguard?

5. Offline

RonixHD

what does world guard do? and i have essentials, lwc, iconomy, iconomychestshop, coomanbook, and bunch of others

6. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

it protects regions and it can use flags as pvp denying or allowing and lots of others
    also...u need worldedit to create regions

7. Offline

RonixHD

oh i have a plugin similar to that that allows pvp in regions and that wont work either should i try world guard

8. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

yeah...world guard is bette...to me anyway

9. Offline

Teldelariel

I have the same problem and world guard, residence and anything else I have tried, everyhting is set to true in every plugin I have, I have no parent/overlapping regions, the world itself is set to true and I have no pvp=false regions anywere yet I cannot get pvp to work, my players are after a pvp area/arena, I tried pvpable set everything up correctly but no damage? I even enable the essentials.protect.pvp permission in their group to be on the safe side and as yet no pvp ? any theories ?

10. Offline

MikeyWheeler

Aye, I have world guard (been running a server for 7 months) Decided to allow pvp and its not working. Everything is set to true on all plugins. No plugins even overlap each other... Any ideas?

11. Offline

brenhein

What WorldGuard version are you using (5.2 or 5.3)? It could be a Bukkit problem if it is cross-plugin.

12. Offline

Teldelariel

Actually Ifound out it was a plugn issue, Xcraftgate has a PVP option in its plugin config, If you are using a similar Multi world plugin that has similar configs check them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.