Proxy Sever

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by wizzy86, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wizzy86

This is not nessisarily a bukkit help thing. But i need help with the server part.

So i want to set up something like:​

outside connections hit the proxy server.
    the proxy server shifts the data from the outward facing IP to your "inside facing" ip
    all the external connection sees is the proxy ip

it works just like the router on your home network.
    data from you hits the ip assigned by your router then routes it out.
    data in hits the ip of the router and routes it in​

How would i go about doing this?​

2. Offline

Killburner

You basically want a reverse proxy. What purpose would that serve with minecraft server? Reverse proxies generally provide more than just masquerading. They handle functions like caching, load balancing, encryption offloading, etc. Something you'd find in a server/web farm.

3. Offline

wizzy86

I just want a way to have the external connection connect to the private IP inside my router

And another user told that those steps would help me. :p

4. Offline

pyraetos

Why do you want that anyway? Proxy connections will simply slow down everything. There is no reason to have qualms about letting people see your external IP address, I mean, any connection made with you can. Just go to www.whatismyip.org, they get your IP address simply because it's part of the protocol with which you connect to the internet. My IP address is 68.201.46.156.

5. Offline

wizzy86

I have a private ip blocked by a router. So if anyone tried to connect to the router it wouldn't work. :p

6. Offline

pyraetos

I haven't heard of that :p Do you mean you are already using a proxy? Otherwise, you should be normal.

By the way, go ahead and post the IP from www.whatismyip.org and I bet I can ping it ;)

7. Offline

wizzy86

Go ahead..

8. Offline

pyraetos

What seems to be the problem then? Forward the port of your server on your router's interface to the local IP address of your computer, and players can connect with 76.200.192.136.

9. Offline

wizzy86

Well thank you :D I will try that and report results

10. Offline

pyraetos

11. Offline

wizzy86

AHHHHH :D IT WORKED! Thank you so much!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.