Providing Exclusive Help to New (And old) Server Admins in Need!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JerriCop, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JerriCop

Need help starting up that server that you want to play with your friends on? Do you run one of the most complicated servers out there and need help with a plugin? I'm here for you!

How can I help you? (Links to the posts coming right away!
    Setting up a CraftBukkit server
    Installing a certain plugin
    Error messages
    MySQL
    Port Forwarding
    Finding a good Minecraft host
    VPN/DEDI support
    McMyAdmin support

Most of these may be found in more detail on the Official Bukkit Wiki

If all else fails, or I'm missing a plugin message me here and I'll get back to you as soon as I see it! OR contact me on my skype: JerriCop

What is my qualifications?
    I've been an admin on 4 other servers and an owner of two, however I usually end up with money troubles D:
    I've been working with bukkit since February
    I've been a player since Halloween
    I've been doing server things like this since Unreal Tournament III
    I've started really popular a website that was REALLY popular for men, then later selling it for half a million dollars
    blablablabla, stuff you shouldn't care about...

FAILURE TO READ THESE PARAGRAPH'S WILL RESULT IN ME, AND NOBODY ELSE HELPING YOU.
    I will not help you if you cannot speak english. I'm patient- To a point... Please don't use terms like "it isnt work noaw cuz u speled it wrong" or "i spel lik a german hors cuz u think i am anoying" Grammar is key when communicating, and so is spelling.

Be courteous, I'm not going to help you if you act like the grinch to me or other players.

Thanks! And don't forget to leave a donation if I helped!

Setting up a CraftBukkit server
    Paragraph:
    Setting this up is really simple! Just be sure to have the correct version of Java
    Download the latest CraftBukkit Auto Installer (By ImminentFate) then run the installer.
    Double click the Launch Craftbukkit shortcut that it created on your desktop, and your ready to go! (Be sure to check out my Port Forwarding tutorial if you want other players to connect to your server)

List:
    1. Be sure to have Java 6 or higher (You can check that here)
    2. Download the latest CraftBukkit Auto Installer (By ImminentFate)
    3. Run the installer
    4. Click the 'Launch Craftbukkit' shortcut that it made on your desktop
    5. Forward your the port 25565 (Some users may find this difficult)
    IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLES, DON'T BE AFRAID TO CONTACT ME ON SKYPE: JERRICOP

Installing/Configuring a certain plugin
    Requires that you have already installed craftbukkit!
    Paragraph:
    After you have installed your first plugin, I'm sure you'll find it really simple. There are plenty of guides to set up certain plugins, because none of them are the same, most of them have configs. (Most commonly YAML which is really space sensitive) You can find a complete list of plugins here
    When you find a plugin that you want, click on it and it will bring you to a forum post with plenty of information on that plugin. Read up on it, if your having troubles chances are your problem will already be resolved. Then find where you can download the plugin (Be sure that it is up to date with your bukkit version!) Insert the nameofpluginhere.jar and any other folders into the "Plugins" folder in located where you installed craftbukkit. Then configure the plugin, how to configure the certain plugin is usually on the page that you downloaded it from.

List:
    1. Find a plugin in the official bukkit plugin list
    2. Review the forum thread
    3. Download the .jar (Or whatever the creator has specified for the file)
    4. Place it in your Plugins folder
    5. Configure it, there should be instructions for configuring the plugin on the thread that you downloaded the plugin from
    IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLES, DON'T BE AFRAID TO CONTACT ME ON SKYPE: JERRICOP

FOR PLUGIN SUPPORT, eg. errors/bugs, PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE, INSTEAD POST ON THE CORRESPONDING PLUGIN THREAD.

Reserved For Later
    Will be written soon!

Reserved For Later
    Will be written soon!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

thehutch

Which do I choose Craftbukkit or bukkit if i'm going to create a plugin, I know bukkit is the API and craftbukkit is the server and the API but someone said it was implemented and that bukkit has more features I don't know if im reading this right but which one do I choose?

Thank you
    thehutch

ps: Hmm now reading title again, plugin help right :O

3. Offline

nala3

you can use the snapshot, It contains everything you need

4. Offline

vapid2323

Just thought that was kinda odd, You made 500k from selling a domain, but you are having money trubles?

Sounds like you got the technical figured out now all you need is someone to help you with your money :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.