Provide implementation of bukkit api

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by FloweyTF, Mar 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FloweyTF

How does one provide an implementation of the bukkit api? If I'm not mistaken, bukkit is just an api, not the implementation. So how do I provide a implementation of the api (yes, I am aware of spigot, paper, etc, but I want to provide my own implementation of the api)?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Why do you want that?

3. Offline

FloweyTF

Just as a fun thing for me to do (I am fully aware that it will not be "fun" but idc)

4. Online

Also need to make the entire server for that stuff.
    And you depend on it, implement it, export a jar that starts your server.

5. Offline

FloweyTF

Yes, I know

Just could you let me know things are done? I tried looking at the spigot code, but I dont see where it loads the plugins

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2021
  6. Online

They are loaded with Reflection. Where? No idea, I do not want to make my own server.

7. Offline

KarimAKL

@FloweyTF Do you want to build further on Bukkit's source code? Spigot has been updating the API since version 1.8, so you will need to either update an old version of the API or you will have to build further on Spigot.

You could also make your own API from the server jar provided by minecraft.net.

Those are probably the options you are looking for. You should keep in mind that this will be troublesome, no matter what you decide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.