Protect Items on Death

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Jaackk, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jaackk

Plugin category:
    Fun

Suggested name: ItemDeathProtect

What I want:

I am looking for a plugin that allows players to choose a certain amount of items to be protected from when they die based on their permissions. For example, a player at a high rank will be able to protect 3 items on death. A player with the lowest rank would only be able to protect one or maybe none. I would like the protected items to be obvious for example the player has permission to protect 3 items on death so the first three item-slots in their hotbar are overlaid with a green colour perhaps? Like a stained glass effect on top of the item. I know this may be very difficult to do so I'm open to hear other ideas of how the items protected could be obvious if that is too complicated. Maybe the players could type /protect item while holding the items they wish to protect and then they are obviously shown as protected. They could then type /protect item on however many items they have the permission to. I would like all messages to be configurable too.

Commands & Permissions

/protect item (Protects the item they have in their hand)
    itemdeathprotect.items.unlimited
    itemdeathprotect.items.(amount)

/protected (Tells the player how many items they have protected and how many 'protections' they have left)
    itemdeathprotect.protected

/protect list (Shows a list of the items they have protected, if possible an item information mouse hover effect on the items showing lore, enchants etc when the player hovers their mouse over them)
    itemdeathprotect.list

/unprotect (Removes the item held from the players protected items)
    itemdeathprotect.unprotect

When I'd like it by:

Any time is fine but hopefully by the end of December :D

2. Offline

pie_flavor

3. Offline

Jaackk

I do like the idea of that plugin but I would like the rest of the items to be dropped onto the ground otherwise nobody will see the point in killing on another, they will not gain any items/gear.

Thanks for the reply though and the plugin does look cool, it's similar, but not exactly what I need :)

Best Regards,
    Jack.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@Jaackk Read again. As soon as the player saves their items, the rest are dropped where they died.

5. Offline

Jaackk

I see, I didn't notice that, my bad.

I will definitely try the plugin out, I was thinking players may be confused as to why the persons items aren't dropping on the floor. Does it tell the player their items will drop within 30s? I'll test the plugin out and see how it is :)

Hey there @pie_flavor, I tried the plugin however once gamerule keepinventory was set to true, whenever a player died their inventories were wiped completely before they could select to keep any items and they would not drop.

I'm not sure why but the plugin doesn't work and is buggy.

Many thanks,

Best Regards,
    Jack.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.