Application Project Source Code Generator

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by PhantomUnicorns, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PhantomUnicorns

This is an application that creates a folder that you drop* (see below) into your IDE project folder and your done... Just run the program (click create) and answer questions for your plugin, the link is down below. Currently this only has the IDE's listed below, I would love to make more. Please if your IDE isn't compatible just comment your IDE and I will update it!. :D. I added a cool GUI that is very neat, just download GUI version. Console version is still the same. Both do the same thing too.

Downloads
    1. Google Drive: Here

IDE's:
    1. Eclipse
    2. Intellij
    3. JEdit

Need to add:
    1. More IDE's
    And that's it. Any comments, just comment :D.
    Cool features:
    Intellij & Bukkit
    1. Creates .java files
    2. Changeable through the folder Files-->Utils and Files-->Extra Files
    3. In Files-->Utils you may do a folder inside a folder and have a .txt in there, and it will create packages correspondingly to what folders you have them in.
    4. Custom syntax inside Files-->Utils (look at premade files for example)
    5. Automatically references Bukkit* You must go to config and specific the path/url to your bukkit file.
    6. Can be used to create java projects or Bukkit projects (which is still java but it is customized with Bukkit classes and plugin.yml)
    7. Optimized Java project creations.
    8. Added command support (imports and sets executor automatically)
    9. Added enchantment support (imports and registers automaticlly)
    Intellij
    1. Nothing special (yet) just what it says above
    Eclipse
    1. Nothing special (yet) just what it says above
    JEdit
    1. This IDE is special, it's notepad with highlights (kind of) and the way it opens it .class files is different. You may only have one open and it doesn't compile. So this one only generates a .class (Main) and .yml (plugin.yml) files.
    Known Bugs
    1. None so far (fixed them all!) :D
    *If you use Eclipse version you DON'T just drag it in your workspace, you MUST go to File (top left by default) then go to Open Project From File System, then find the folder and click on it

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. @PhantomUnicorns
    Love the idea, been wanting to do this for a while, although a couple things I should mention:
    • You are hosting compiled versions of CraftBukkit online, which is technically illegal, you could either ask the user to provide a jar, or use the BuildTools API to make one for the user.
    • Couple of bugs (Mind you this is with the IntelliJ version):
    • The automatic reference to bukkit is slightly wonky, you use the user home, which causes issues if you have the projects on a seperate hard drive
    • The .iml file is named "JavaFxApplication" :p
    • The utils are .txt files, they should be .java files so they can be read by the IDE.
    • Try using a different file format, like .zip for the download, .rar is a pain in the ass to work with.
    • Get that GitHub repository going, I'd love to help you work on this!

3. Offline

PhantomUnicorns

Could you list the bugs? I don't know them so there is no way to fix them. Also thanks for the feedback! Going to remove the CraftBukkit files and ask for the user to provide them!

EDIT: Sorry I have not used Intellij before this! If any more bugs happen tell me!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. @PhantomUnicorns
    They were the ones listed under the "Couple of bugs" line. IE these ones:
    • The automatic reference to bukkit is slightly wonky, you use the user home, which causes issues if you have the projects on a seperate hard drive
    • The .iml file is named "JavaFxApplication" :p
    • The utils are .txt files, they should be .java files so they can be read by the IDE.

5. Offline

PhantomUnicorns

1nd Post: I just uploaded the new one with all three bugs fixed, I also removed that start up message of the path (that was originally for testing) and added a couple of messages at the end.

2th Post: I have added two more Util classes, Place and Item. They have veeery useful functions inside of them :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.