Project needs new owner: PopulationDensity

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ryanhamshire, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ryanhamshire

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/population-density/

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to take over this project. It's low maintenance, medium complexity. I need someone who's willing to commit to answering questions posted in comments and fixing any severe bugs (there will probably be none, unless the Bukkit guys introduce another breaking change). Whether you add more features or not is up to you, as the new owner of the project. You would be 100% the new developer for this project, but I would be willing to answer questions about the code I've already written via Skype over the coming weeks and months.

Here's the basic info on the plugin:

1. It's for big servers.

2. It automatically assigns new players to wilderness areas where other new players play, and where there's plenty of ore and space to build. Admins decide whether players start there or in a spawn area.

3. It adds teleportation posts every 400 blocks to help players move around, without giving players a "get out of trouble" slash command that they could abuse, like /tpa or /home or /spawn.

4. It automatically thins monsters an animals to prevent lag due to overpopulation (very dense farms and monster grinders).

5. It replants trees, regrows grass, and respawns wild animals, but only in the new player area.

6. Priority-based login queue.

7. Reserved slots for administrators.

2. Offline

X_angelz_X

I could, take it over :)

I'd update it when needed, and try to add new things to the plugin, I wouldn't want to add things
    that would stray from the original concept, so I'd probably contact you once in awhile to see what
    you would think :)

If you need to know that I can well manage a plugin, well here's my only public plugin, It's pretty much the first
    of it's kind, since there is no other plugin out there which adds permissions to custom crafting recipes :)

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftaxcel/

3. Its a great addon, and at least I would be very happy if someone could take over ownership of the plugin, so it doesn't die.

Thanks for all work you have put into it so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.