Problem with nether portals and multiverse.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by bfgbfggf, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bfgbfggf

Because I have 3 world (Main for town, Survival and Creative)
    I disable nether in server config*, So I download Multiverse-NetherPortals, For op's all works great, But players CAN'T create portals ;/
    PS: Portals "works" only in Survival map (but that only info, I don't want portals in Main world.)

* If I enable that then I have also Main_nether and C_nether worlds ;/

Any idea how to fix that?

2. Offline

tumbleshack

Dont use multiverse portals, it is a VERY bugged plugin.

I recommend lapis portals

3. Offline

bfgbfggf

I using Multiverse-NetherPortals that other plugin.... for normal nether portals...

any idea?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  4. Offline

tumbleshack

Really man thats what i meant, they are almost the same thing

5. Offline

bfgbfggf

tumbleshack
    NOPE.... How i can give player permissions to use obsidian portal to teleport to the nether using lapis portals...?...
    awww.....

Any idea how to give player permissions to creating netherportals? without creating nether for every world.

6. Offline

Kolugo

7. Offline

bfgbfggf

Kolugo
    Yes, I also check Wiki of Multiverse-NetherPortals But I don't find anything ;/

Hyyym I write second time what I want to do.
    In normal minecraft every player can create portals to nether, every world have own nether. But I don't want have 3/4 nethers, I only want one, so i must disable nether in server.properties.
    But then only ops can create portals (players can only use them ;/) .
    So I have 3 world.
    C - In that world I don't want any portals/nethers.
    Main - Also I don't want any portals
    Surv - And I want only nether in that world, So every players must have possibility to create own portal to nether (like in SinglePlayer) and this same for Surv_nether to create portal to Surv
    But I don't want world like C_Nether and Main_nether

8. Offline

Kolugo

bfgbfggf
    Would it generate a nether for every single world if you turned it on in server.properties? It shouldn't... but the reason players can't create their own portals, I believe, is because you turned it off in server.properties. I think you should be fine with that being on.

9. Offline

bfgbfggf

I know... If I turn on nethers then portals works... but if I turn on then how to block nether for world "C" and "Main"? ;/

10. Offline

Kolugo

11. Offline

bfgbfggf

But that still generate Main_nether world

12. Offline

Kolugo

bfgbfggf
    Read the wiki, it should explain everything to you nicely. If you link your worlds right, it shouldn't generate another nether.

13. Offline

bfgbfggf

Hyyym....Mabye is still generate because that "Main" is default world? Hyym maybe I just remove Surv_nether and create all links to Main_Nether?
    Surv -> Main_nether
    Main_nether -> Surv
    Main -> Main

14. DUDE I DID IT!!!! Just read the comments in the bukkit plugin page about multiverse nether portals.
    Just upgrade to development version of that plugin ( not all mv and mvp ), for security destroy all nether portals might be standing around then link them with /mvnp link nether normalworld netherworld and back /mvnp link netherworld normalworld, i hope I have been helpfull.
    I did the link back just to be sure.
    Ciao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.