Solved Problem with Essentials Chat and Chat Manager

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by koko_ronaldo, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Hi guys,I have just registered and would like to ask something.
    I have a minecraft bukkit server and have a problem with the chat.
    I use PermissionsEx,Essentials Chat,Chat Manager and some other plugins.
    The message format is <[Group]{Nickname}> {Message}
    As you see in the picture,in the red circle .......> {Message} this is in the same colour.
    What I want: I want > to be white and the message to be in other colour.
    And do I need to delete one of the chat plugins either Essentials Chat or Chat Manager?
    Please help me.

I hadn't seen the uploaded picture and I uploaded it to imageshack.
    Here is the link: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6269/pku.png

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Necrodoom

how did you set the message color?

3. Offline

koko_ronaldo

I made a prefix and a suffix. I use PermissionsEx to do this.
    For example:
    pex group Builder prefix '&2[Builder]&3'
    pex group Builder suffix '&5'
    Can you help me now?

I fixed it with Essentials Chat and I was thinking that I don't need Chat Manager and deleted the plugin but another problem emerged.

When I type /list in minecraft the prefixes don't show.
    For example [Mod]{Name} in the list it show only Moderator: {Name} without any colours.
    Before I fixed the first problem the prefixes in the list the prefixes had shown.
    Please somebody to help.
    And when I press "Tab" button it shows [Admin]{Name} but when I demote myself it continues to be there.Is it because I am an OP?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  4. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Please anyone to help me?
    Bump

5. Offline

Necrodoom

what plugin is used for tab?

6. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Here is the list with all my plugins:
    Essentials
    EssentialsAntiBuild
    EssentialsSpawn
    EssentialsProtect
    EssentialsChat
    iZone
    Modifyworld
    NametagEdit
    PermissionsEx
    World Edit
    xAuth
    But as I said before I fixed the prefixes and the suffixes and the white > , prefixes in the list had shown.

7. Offline

JWhy

That is most likely a bug of the tab plugin

8. Offline

koko_ronaldo

OK.But can you tell me which my tab plugin,you can see my plugin in the list above.
    Please try to help me to fix this:

9. Offline

koko_ronaldo

10. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Please someone to help me finally.

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Kolugo

koko_ronaldo
    Several places in your Essentials config.yml address this issue:
    Code:
    # Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
    change-displayname: true

# When this option is enabled, the (tab) player list will be updated with the displayname.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    #change-playerlist: true
    Keep the values of these to what are shown above, you're not using any plugin that should affect this.

Code:
    # Sort output of /list command by groups.
    # You can hide and merge the groups displayed in /list by defining the desired behaviour here.
    # Detailed instructions and examples can be found on the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/List
    list:
        # To merge groups, list the groups you wish to merge
        #Staff: owner admin moderator
        Admins: owner admin
        # To limit groups, set a max user limit
        #builder: 20
        # To hide groups, set the group as hidden
        #default: hidden
        # Uncomment the line below to simply list all players with no grouping
        #Players: '*'
    simply insert all your group names here, the commented lines should explain well enough.

If all else fails and another plugin is conflicting, simply add the command to your list:
    Code:
    overridden-commands:
    #  - god
    #  - list 
    With this setting, Essentials will override any conflicting plugin and use it's settings for the command.

12. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Thanks man,finally somebody who wants to help me.
    If I understand right I have to add my group in this line,don't I?
    If so,it is good but can I make the names in the list to be shown for example like this [Builder]{Name},I want the names to be shown with the prefixes and the suffixes which I gave to the players.

13. Offline

Kolugo

koko_ronaldo
    It's best if you do that through PEX, using it's suffixes and prefixes.

14. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Yeah,first I had made it through PEX but the suffix wasn't what I wanta.
    I think you know that the message appears like this <[Group]{Name}> {Message} ,so the second > was in the same colour as the suffix(the message).Can you help me to fix this?

Kolugo
    Oh man you were right.It shows(the prefixes in the list exactly how I want) but I would like to ask you something.
    So when I am an OP and I am in minecraft I can't use
    pex group prefix [Group]
    and similar commands like this.It says that I don't have permission and high enough rank to do this.
    Do I need to write permissions for these commands?
    Also can you explain me what is the plugin "Modifyworld" use for.

15. Offline

Kolugo

16. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Kolugo
    Thanks man,do you have any idea how the colour of the second > is white,before I tried to make the prefixes and the suffixes with EssentialsChat > was in the same colour as the suffix.

17. Offline

Kolugo

koko_ronaldo
    This can be found in the 'EssentialsChat' part of your Essentials config.yml
    Code:
      format: '&f<{GROUP} &e{DISPLAYNAME}&f>&7 {MESSAGE}'
    In the example, &f is in front of both < >, so they'll be displayed white.

18. Offline

Necrodoom

he doesnt have essentialschat, else that wouldve been done automatically, kolugo.
    which rises the question what IS his chat plugin.

19. Offline

Kolugo

necrodoom
    His chat plugin is EssentialsChat. You've got to get off my back; don't worry, I know what I'm doing when I'm giving users advice. :D

20. Offline

Necrodoom

but then the > wont be colored.. odd. il wait for his response.

21. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Exactly,I was thinking that the problem could be exactly in this configuration and I changed this settings as you show but without success.Look at my config.
    But I am happy becaause finally I fixed what I want.The sad thing is that I don't know how exactly I fixed it and for the future I won't know how to fix similar problems.I think that it was fixed because I used permissionsEx.What do you think?

Kolugo
    I added me in the owner group and then I can make what I want,you were right,thanks.
    I will ask this stupid question only to be sure that is true.
    So this - '*' means that the group has all of the possible permissions for all plugins,doesn't this?

22. Offline

Kolugo

yes.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. If your issue was color formatting your chat, that should be found in the Essentials config and PEX.

23. Offline

koko_ronaldo

Kolugo
    Sorry my English isn't very good.I will try to explain what I wanted to say.
    So you know that my main problem was with the second >,I wanted it to be white but it was in the same colour as the message.Then through EssentialsChat I fixed it,I had just added my group below.
    When I made the second > white,I think you see how.But after that the command /list was a problem.You know that the prefixes didn't show.And finally you just tell me to make the prefixes and suffixes through PEX,I made it and the second > was also fixed also the prefixes in the list.
    Before I had made prefixes and suffixes through PEX but the second > was in the same colour as the message.
    And I can't understand how > was fixed to be white.Is it because of the PEX?

I didn't add &f before > anywhere.It just became white when I made the prefixes and the sufixes through PEX but before I tried to make them through EssnetialsChat,I had made them also through PEX and the > wasn't fixed.

Can you understand my question now?
    If don't understand,it is OK,don't worry just say "Don't understand".

24. Offline

Kolugo

koko_ronaldo
    So you've got your problem solved, and you're questioning why it's solved? If you changed something through PEX and it worked -- it's most likely because of PEX... if your problem is solved, let's let this thread die. :D

25. Offline

koko_ronaldo

You almost understand me,my question was "how it's solved?".OK then I will stop writing you stupid questions.
    In the future I will tune my prefixes and suffixes through PEX.If I have a problem,I will write to you to solve it.Thanks a lot man.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.