Private Worlds/Individual Player Worlds

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by The Gaming Grunts, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Name: Doesn't matter :p

What I Want: Basically what this plugin will do is allow players to create small worlds for themselves with a simple command. These worlds, at least for regular players, will be a set size. The player will be able to create a "party" and only people in the party will be able to build in that world, similar to how the SkyBlock system works. If a player has a specific permission, they can specify a small, medium, large, or unlimited sized world (maybe a config option to define the sizes). I have the feeling this might be a little RAM intensive, so please try to make this as efficient as possible :) Also, these worlds don't need to be loaded all the time and should only be loaded if there is a player in the world.

Commands: I'd like the commands to be as simple as possible, for example:

- /world create [size]
    Creates a world for the player. Regular players can only do "/world create", but donors can have the option to specify the size of the world.

-/world invite <player>
    Invite a player to join your world party

-/world delete
    Delete your world

/world admin [delete, create] <player>
    Allows an admin to create or delete a world for a player

When I Want it By: No rush take your time :) The sooner the better though :)

2. Offline

Sorry if this comes off the wrong way but aren't you a dev?

3. 15987632
    I guess :p There are a few reasons as to why I can't do this:

1. I have never worked with anything world-related and dont have the time to learn.
    2. Continuing with 1, I have alot of schoolwork and college apps to do, which leaves me with little free time
    3. Even if I had the time to do this, I have the feeling that someone could do this better and more efficiently than I can.

I don't make plugin requests unless I need to :p

4. Offline

ok :D

5. Offline

mattrick

The Gaming Grunts
    I'm not sure if this would be efficient. The problem being: You can't limit world sizes. Your server's memory would diminish very quickly. I guess you could make void around an island, but that would defeat the purpose. What I would do is make a skyblock-like world, that when a player does the command, it creates another "island" of configurable size and not allow players to build off of the island. Then create a command called "invite" and allow players to invite people to their island.

6. mattrick16
    That could work. The island would basically be a "smaller" version of a world. The size of the island can be determined by the player's rank.

7. Offline

mattrick

Yep. I cannot develop this right now, maybe later if someone doesn't fill it.

8. mattrick16
    Sounds good :) I'll let you know in a few days if anyone takes it or not :)

9. Offline

mattrick

Ok

10. Offline

Commander9292

The Gaming Grunts I'd do this but I'm not quite sure how to do this with worlds, I've never looked at worlds much

11. Offline

Gamecube762

I think its something like this for creating worlds:
    Code:java
    2. WorldCreator playerWorld = new WorldCreator(player.getName());
    3. playerWorld.seed(blah)//set seed or generator if you wanted to.
    4. Bukkit.createWorld(playerWorld);

timtower likes this.
  12. Offline

Commander9292

Sweet, thanks! Might use this in the future.

13. Offline

Minnymin3

I might do this in a few days. Someone else can do it if they want to.

14. Offline

firecombat4

I've been planning/wanting to do this for a long time. Just getting around to putting in the effort for it haha

15. Offline

I like it it's just this doesn't seem very reasonable it would take up A lot of memory and ram

16. 15987632
    Read the comments on here. We came up with a better way to do it ;)

17. Offline

mattrick

18. Offline

i know i have read them but still i think its gonna take up a lot i could be wrong though

19. mattrick16
    Great :) Let me know how it comes along :)

It won't be any more demanding than something like Skyblock and would be even better if @mattrick can find a way to ensure that only the necessary chunks are loaded :)

20. Offline

mattrick

That is handled in Minecraft already. Unused chunks are automatically unloaded.

21. mattrick16
    Ah ok :p How's it coming along so far?

22. Offline

mattrick

Good...just have to get a basic island generator working..... (I think I'll make island size configurable)

23. Offline

Blah1

The Gaming Grunts why are you making a thread in the plugin request section? You should be making these plugins! Haha

24. Blah1
    Already answered this :p

25. Offline

Blah1

The Gaming Grunts oh come on... "I dont have time" is not a good excuse anymore. If you spend 20 minutes a day on this plugin you will have it done it at most 3 days. And who doesnt have 20 minutes nowadays?

calebbfmv likes this.