Private Server ServerPort Group

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TnT, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TnT

Would any private server admins be interested in starting up a server group? The idea would be that we link all out servers together using ServerPort. Share users, etc.

2. Offline

regancali

Not with you.

3. Offline

TnT

That's ok, I wasn't inviting you.

4. Offline

kjab

sure thing, PM me with details
    --- merged: Feb 15, 2011 1:18 AM ---
    bumpity bump

5. Offline

mughi

awww.. look.. you made a friend :)

if i ever get time to stabilize mine, possibly. although I've only got 2 users on it, and it is hosted from my living room, so it probably can't handle very many :)

6. Offline

mindless728

its a good idea, though i am waiting to finish my plugin before it goes even private (though ti will be public as well)

also, i run off of 1Mbit/s up, so not many people able to be on here

7. Offline

TnT

lol, yeah, he seems to be my biggest fan.

But, that's kind of the point, right? Us private admins usually haven't gone out and bought large co-located, or hosted solutions. I run mine from home off my home ISP connection as well, so I cap out on bandwidth far before my hardware slows down. So mughi, if your server is showing signs of problems, your users can turn around and warp to another server easily enough. Less user frustration - they don't sit there screaming at you to get the server back up, they can just float over to another server and when your server is back up, everyone's happy.

As for the public server - that may be do-able. Could set up a system where those public users get the ability to warp around to the other servers when they've proved themselves trustworthy. Having some jackass go around and grief everyones servers may not be very fun, but of course, there are protections against that.

As for your upload, thats pretty standard ISP speeds. I'd be running with the same.

8. Offline

kjab

Would all of your players be able to/willing to patch their client? The client patcher that comes with the plugin is very easy to use

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.