Prison Plugins

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by poopnozle, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

poopnozle

Plugin category: Prison

Suggested name: Prison Tokens & Pickaxe Upgrader & Prison Backpacks & Miner LvL

What I want (#1 Prison Tokens):

To sum it up Prison Tokens is just a sub economy that purchases Pickaxe Upgrades and Prison Backpacks.
    But not only do I want the Tokens virtual, I want to be able to withdraw them into the inventory as an item (Nether Star) and when you right click the Token in your inventory, it gets added back to the Token Balance. For example just a Nether Star renamed "Prison Token" with a Lore saying "Right click to add back to balance!".

Ideas for commands (#1 Prison Tokens):

/Tokens - Tells you your Token Balance.
    /Tokens Give {PLAYER} {AMOUNT} - An OP command that gives that selected player tokens.
    /Tokens Withdraw {AMOUNT} - Takes out the Tokens and turns them into a physical entity (Nether Star).

Ideas for permissions (#1 Prison Tokens):

Tokens.Give - /Token Give (OP ONLY)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I want (#2 Pickaxe Upgrader):

A GUI of a chest that uses the economy of "Prison Tokens" to upgrade Pickaxe Enchantments by increments of one. (Pickaxe must be in hand)
    Enchant Efficiency + 1 == 1 Token(s)
    Enchant Fortune + 1 == 4 Token(s)
    Enchant Explosive + 1 == 5 Token(s)
    Each of the enchantment choices can be selected multiple times depending on how much the player wants to upgrade that enchantment and on how many Tokens they have. All of the enchantments will be represented by a certain item in the GUI. Also on the GUI of the chest, if it displayed the amount of Tokens the player had and updated real time where is says "Chest", that'd be nice.

Ideas for commands (#2 Pickaxe Upgrader):

/Upgrade - Brings up the Enchantment GUI.

Ideas for permissions (#2 Pickaxe Upgrader):

None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I want (#3 Prison Backpacks):

A GUI of a chest that uses the economy of "Prison Tokens" to purchase physical Backpacks that take up one inventory space each. Sizing varies between 9 slots, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54. UNABLE TO PLACE BACKPACKS INSIDE OF BACKPACKS. ;) Backpacks will just be chests inside the inventory. NOT VIRTUAL.
    Tiny Backpack (9 Slots) == 15 Token(s)
    Small Backpack (18 Slots) == 40 Token(s)
    Medium Backpack (27 Slots) == 120 Token(s)
    Large Backpack (36 Slots) == 300 Token(s)
    Huge Backpack (45 Slots) == 600 Token(s)
    Massive Backpack (54 Slots) == 1000 Token(s)
    Each of the backpack choices can be selected multiple times depending on how many Backpacks the player wants to buy or how many Tokens they have. All of the Backpacks will be represented by a certain item in the GUI (Chests). Also on the GUI of the chest, if it displayed the amount of Tokens the player had and updated real time where is says "Chest", that'd be nice. This plugin also needs to work with the [SellAll] plugin that sells the inventory of items. Including the items inside the backpacks. If that's a problem, please let me know!

Ideas for commands (#3 Prison Backpacks):

/Backpack - Brings up the Backpacks GUI.

Ideas for permissions (#3 Prison Backpacks):

None.

What I want (#4 Miner LvL):

This one in my mind seems a little bit easier to make.. Anyways all I would like from this is a Level Tag that appears underneath a players nametag displaying "LVL - {#}". I want it so the Miner LvL goes up exponentially. So LVL 1= 10EXP then LVL 2= 15EXP then LVL 3= 25EXP and so on. But not only that, I want to have a config file to where I can set how much EXP a block gives when mined. Finally for every Mining level a player goes up, they receive 1 Token and for every 100 Mining LVL's a player goes up they earn an extra Token... LVL 101 Rankup would give 2 Tokens.. LVL 201 Rankup would give 3 Tokens and so on.

Ideas for commands (#4 Miner LvL):

/Level - Displays the players level and xp/xp goal.
    /Level Set {PLAYER} - Sets the players Mining LVL.

Ideas for permissions (#4 Miner LvL):

Level.Set - /Level Set {PLAYER} (OP ONLY)

When I'd like it by: Aslong as someone can make these, it does not matter to me!

2. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    1 + 2: PrisonGems
    3: PrisonUtils
    4: I can add that to PrisonUtils

Both links are in my signature.
    Note here that PrisonGems does not add an ingame item for those gems, just yet. I am working on that.

3. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime Is there somewhere I can keep up to date for when you add The Mining LvL's and Physical Gems?

4. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    I can inform you here.
    Also PrisonUtils backpacks do work with SellAll signs, but you have to use QuickSells ones.

5. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime Yes I was planning on using that one! One other question.. Is there a GUI that you can buy the Backpacks with and enchantments with in Prison Gems?

6. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    There is no Backpacks GUI yet.
    But the Enchantment one is already inplemented.

Also, I changed my mind. I better dont make PrisonUtils too bug, think that I wont implement the Miner Level.

7. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    That's not really a big deal, I'm sure it could be something made down the road on its own. Any ETA on a Backpack GUI though?

@mrCookieSlime Also.. I cannot find your Prison Gems plugin.. Link or something please? :/

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

9. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    I managed to get it but I did notice a large bug with Prison Gems.. When I performed "/upgrade" It duped my pickaxe in my inventory and gave me and internal error. Take your time with it.

10. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    If it gave you an Error, then post it via Pastebin...

11. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    The problem seems to fix as soon as the Player Data is deleted.. There is no error appearing in console either. After doing this a few times (/upgrading) the Errors occurs and the Internal Error disconnects you.

12. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    ... Go out of creative.
    Also, what Version of Bukkit are you using?

13. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    Even in Survival it happens, I am using Spigot 1.8.. Not exactly sure which release version but I could find out.

14. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Moved to Alternatives Section.

@poopnozle
    Definitely a Spigot Bug then, you should update once in a while.

15. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    Damn.. I seem to have the latest version of Spigot.. The only problem is finding a Craftbukkit to replace it. Do you have any recommendations ?

16. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    Well, a good CraftBukkit Version would be CraftBukkit.
    Spigot released a CraftBukkit 1.8 Version.

17. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    It was infact my CraftBukkit version.. Works perfect now! Is there a way you can edit the radius of Explosion?

18. Offline

mrCookieSlime

19. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    Like change how many blocks the explosion takes out at each level ?

20. Offline

mrCookieSlime

No. There is no Explosion Enchantment in PrisonGems, you need PrisonGems' addon EmeraldEnchants for that. Link is also in my Signature.
    And I planned on making it configurable but atm it's radius increases every 30 Levels

Level 0-29: 1x1 Block
    Level 30-59: 2x2 Blocks
    Level 60-89: 3x3 Blocks
    etc...

Update:
    Added Backpack Shop via Gems
    (/backpacks and [Backpack] Signs)
    Link is still in my Signature.
    (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/muvbcoc1ckot9eh/downloads.html)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  21. Offline

MrEminent42

@mrCookieSlime
    Can you make it based on chances, and circle holes?
    1-9: 10% chance of 2 block radius circle
    10-19: 20% chance of a 2 block radius circle
    etc.
    100-109: 10% chance of 3 block radius circle
    200-209: 10% chance of a 4 block radius circle
    This would be really neat, because a square hole is kinda boring :/

22. Offline

poopnozle

@awesone_ness
    That would be neat, definitely something I'd like to see!

23. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@awesone_ness
    I can implement the chances. However you must note that circles would require a lot of mathematical calculation, you know.
    It will most likely be too much for any Server.

24. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    Do you have an ETA on withdrawing Gems to physical entity?

25. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@poopnozle
    No.
    Maybe today, we will see.
    But first I will just get myself a coffee since it's 5 AM here and I haven't slept last night at all.

MrEminent42 likes this.
  26. Offline

poopnozle

@mrCookieSlime
    Fair enough.. Plugins are great by the way.. good job. :)

mrCookieSlime likes this.
  27. Offline

MrEminent42

@mrCookieSlime
    Huh :/
    I'm trying to think of how other plugins do it. Is there a way to have a predefined shape in a database, and refer to that shape when a player breaks a block?

Or maybe you could have an option to enable this in the config, so if your server can't handle it, you can disable it?
    Just brainstorming...

28. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@awesone_ness
    "A predefined Shape" :D The only way to store a "Shape" is by storing its mathematical formula.
    And a formula is still a formula.
    Storing it, won't reduce lag at all as formulas are anyway stored. You cannot buy or assemble a formula code-wise.
    It's just there to use it.

And I prefer just not adding circles, sorry for that.

29. Offline

MrEminent42

@mrCookieSlime
    I still don't see how calculating a formula would be a lot to handle. That's what computers are built for.

I ran another explosive enchantment plugin on my really crappy 2010 laptop, ~40 plugins, me and a couple of friends on, lagging free. Most servers out there have a really good CPU/core these days, and aren't being hosted on a 2010 laptop...

30. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@awesone_ness
    Well, the calculation of the formula is not such a big deal, but more is the application of it.

Il Ill demonstrate it:

a Player breaks a Block (+1)
    Minecraft checks whether you broke it with the appropriate Tool (+1)
    Minecraft applies Unbreaking, Fortune and Silk Touch Enchantments (+3)
    WorldGuard checks whether hes allowed to break it (+1)
    PrisonUtils resets Minecrafts Calculation (+4)
    PrisonUtils applies Fortune, Silk Touch, Unbreaking (+3)
    PrisonUtils applies auto smelting (+1)
    PrisonUtils checks for Backpacks (+36)
    PrisonUtils checks for Auto packaging of Blocks (+36)
    PrisonUtils applies Pickaxe name and lore (+8)
    PrisonUtils executes commands based on the amount of blocks broken (+2)
    PrisonUtils adds the Items to the Inventory/Backpack (+1)
    PrisonGems checks whether it should drop a Gem (+2)

99 Calculations so far.

Now comes EmeraldEnchants:

EmeraldEnchants checks whether the Block was broken (+1)
    EmeraldEnchants applies the Circle Formula (*~10)
    EmeraldEnchants makes sure the Formula does not get applied on every Block again (+~10)

So we end up with about 1010 Calculations so far. Any additional Calculation is going to add up for an unknown amount.
    amountw all these Calculations are being made while you break one Block.
    Guess how many itd be with ~200 Players online and each one breaking Blocks quite fast because of Efficiency.
    Im trying to decrease the lag as much as possible thats why Im being very picky on what I add and what not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.