Filled Prevent Players From Going On Top Of The Nether

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by laserspongebob, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Offline

laserspongebob

I have looked around for a plugin like this, but have had no luck.

Basically, I would like the plugin to prevent anybody from going on top of the nether. (Above the bedrock) If the player could be teleported back to the nearest surface, that would be great, otherwise, send them back to spawn.

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

Compressions

I can't code the plugin my self as I'm on my phone now, but I know you can get a plugin to disable ender pearls. You may want to do that, or find something that puts a cooldown on ender pearl usage. Otherwise, someone can make you a quick plugin that puts a max height limit for world_nether. If you are wondering how they get atop the Nether, it's spamming ender pearls.

3. Offline

laserspongebob

Well on the server I need this for, it has essentials on it. When somebody is in lava and somebody teleports to the player in lava, they usually go to the nearest open surface, but sometimes it makes them go on top of the bedrock surface. If I could get a plugin to stop the ender pearl spamming as well as the height limit, that would be wonderful. I would like the height limit plugin take people that end up on top of the nether to spawn, rather than just disabling building there. Hopefully that makes sense.

4. Offline

Mizquink

You could just edit the height in your Nether folder. Or you could use world edit and fill the first 300 blocks above the nether with bedrock.

5. Offline

StyL_TwisT

For the entire nether? with worldedit, good luck.

6. Offline

breezeyboy

You can also do it y getting your friend to put blocks were you are standing(right under the bedrock)

7. Offline

Mizquink

I've done it. Just have a 1/2 decent computer and you're fine.

8. Offline

evilmidget38

This post says it's been filled, but IMO the best way to solve this would be to listen for the teleport event, and cancel it if they're on top of the nether.

9. Offline

StyL_TwisT

Its not cpu quality i'm talking about, its the size of the nether, may I ask how long it took to get from 1 corner of the nether to the other?

10. Offline

Mizquink

About 5 seconds... Use the command to teleport to coords lol

11. Offline

iWareWolf

laserspongebob
    AntiNetherTop v.1
    Config Tutorial:
    Code:
    Nether-Worlds:
    - world_nether
    //world_nether is an example world. Add your world names to this list.
    Description: Teleport players back to spawn if they are on top of the nether (Y = 128). This only fires when a player uses teleportion to get on top of nether. If they fly and build into a hole on top of nether, this will not work. This is made to avoid lag.

Note: This is untested.

Download: http://www.filedropper.com/antinethertop_1

XlegitXcrazymanX likes this.