Prevent Brewing Potions

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nhoclesnar, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Offline

nhoclesnar

Plugin category: Mechanics, Misc

Suggested name: ExamplePlugin

What I want:
    I'd like to prevent all players from brewing certain potions, but they can still use the potion if they somehow gets their hands on one. Only one method is needed.

Method 1: When certain ingredients are placed in the brewing stand, a message will pop up saying "You cannot brew this potion", and the product will not be made. Message is customizable.

Method 2: If that is not possible, the potion is detected upon complete brewing it. The potion will be removed, and a message will pop up "You are not allowed to brew this potion. Potion removed!" Message is customizable.

Ideas for config:
    If preventing ingredients:

Code:
    config:

blocked_ingredients: 1,2,3,4,5,6  #IDs of disallowed ingredients

message: "You cannot brew this potion"  #Message sent to player when attempting to brew a blocked potion

If removing potions (when method one is not possible):

Code:
    config:

blocked_potions: 1:1,2:2,3:3,4:4  #IDs of blocked potions (I don't know how damage values work, you can change this if this way doesn't work)

message: "You are not allowed to brew this potion. Potion removed!"  #Message sent to player when removing a potion

Ideas for commands:
    /stopbrew reload - Reload the config file

Ideas for permissions:
    stopbrew.exclude - exclude this person from the plugin's effect

When I'd like it by: Before October 29.

2. Offline

inventorman101

Let me see what I can do.

3. Offline

nhoclesnar

Okay, good luck :)

4. Offline

inventorman101

What did you want to name it?

5. Offline

nhoclesnar

I want to name it StopBrew :)

6. Offline

inventorman101

Ok Ill get to work on it!

Hmm on second thought I think it would be better to wait until 1.4 craftbukkit
    What do you think?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  7. Offline

Welknair

An existing plugin does something SIMILAR. You may be able to use it until you get a custom plugin done: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simpleitempermissions/ Users without the right permissions simply can't craft ANY potion, which I know isn't what you want, but may still be of help.

8. Offline

nhoclesnar

Hmm...Sure, if the 1.3.2 version gonna break when 1.4.2 comes out. There are some potion changes in 1.4.2, so if you think it gonna be easier to work in 1.4.2 version, then I will certainly wait for it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I only want certain potions to be prevented, ex: poison, harming potion, instant heal, etc. I will keep it in mind tho :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  9. Offline

nhoclesnar

It seems like 1.4.2 dev builds are out. Will you please start working on the plugin?

10. Offline

inventorman101

Ya they havent added the features so you can hook into 1.4 stuff and I would constantly have to update the plugin plus 1.4 dev bukkit is pretty glitchey

11. Offline

nhoclesnar

Ok, I understand. I just can't help being so impatient :p

12. Offline

inventorman101

Its ok so you only want bad potions being prevented from being brewed?

13. Offline

nhoclesnar

Not really that I want to prevent only bad potions, but I want to prevent specific types of potion. What I'm going to use this plugin for is creating a RPG server that doesn't allow some unfair potions to be brewed. For example, fire resistance potion, instant heal potion, harming potion, and their branches. If you need to, I will give a list of the potions I want to prevent.

14. Offline

inventorman101

Just give me some ingredients you dont want

15. Offline

nhoclesnar

Spider eye, fermented spider eye, and magma cream. That's all, I think :)

16. Offline

inventorman101

ya I can do that!

17. Offline

nhoclesnar

I'm glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to it ^^

18. Offline

toxxicjtag

I really need a plugin like this too!