Filled PressurePlate Mines

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Rockdude_, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rockdude_

Plugin category: GamePlay Mechanics

Suggested name: PressurePlate Mines

What I want: I'd like a plugin that allows "pressureplate mines" to be made. These mines when stood on, will slowly start to give the standee ingots. This time can be configurable, as well as the ingots it gives you. Multiple ingots can be given, in a specified looped pattern in the config. Now for the creation of the mines! ;)

A mine can be created anywhere, by placing down a gold block and putting a gold pressure plate on top of it. Then a player looks at the gold pressure plate, and does the command /ppmine create Then as a success message, it will say "Mine Successfully Constructed". The mine should function from this point. If the config has it so it only gives iron ingots on a 3 second basis, then every three seconds an iron ingot appears in the players inventory. If the player's inventory is full, it will drop the item on the ground (probably not needed, but just in case :D) ONTO THE COMMANDS!

IMPORTANT: If someone decides to code this, if its easier, the player doesn't have to construct it beforehand, it can just spawn the mine with the /pp create command.

Ideas for commands:
    /ppmine create - creates a mine, after the player already constructed it.
    /ppmine delete - deletes a mine, doesn't actually remove the blocks, just doesn't function anymore.

Ideas for permissions:
    ppmine.create - perms to create a mine
    ppmine.remove - perms to remove a mine

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible :)

2. Rockdude_ Nice idea but I am currently ill so I can't do it.

JordyPwner want to try it? (If you do it, make a GitHub)

Rockdude_ likes this.
  3. Offline

Rockdude_

bwfcwalshy thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. :D

4. Offline

Asecta

I'm a bit confused... So it gives you ingots? What is the purpose of this?

It is basically just an iron ingot dispenser?

5. Offline

JordyPwner

To difficult for my level :p (im also currently making a hub and kitpvp plugin :p)

6. JordyPwner Pretty simple really, if the gold plate is on a gold block add location to config. Check movement if they are on a plat which is in the config then make a runnable to drop ingots.

7. Offline

JordyPwner

O_O

8. Offline

JordyPwner

Well im busy :/

9. Offline

Rockdude_

Asecta well, sorta. Its supposed to simulate mining without the work, which could have many purposes, possibly a donor rank in a prison server, and it can be configured what is dispensed.

JordyPwner any possible way you could carve out some time? I know I sound like I'm begging but I need someone to make it.

or Asecta ?

EDIT by Timtower: Triple posts aren't appreciated. Please use the edit button instead.

10. Offline

SpielMC

Hey brother, I can give it a shot for you. I've started to try programming in Bukkit two weeks ago and the API has really been helpful during my journey, and this would be my first plugin I ever did for someone. If you can wait, give me a couple of days to work on this if that is ok with you :).

Rockdude_ likes this.
  11. Offline

Rockdude_

SpielMC If you can, I'd really appreciate it. Take your time. I myself tried to get into bukkit coding, but there aren't enough good, basic tutorials out there. The only popular ones just tell you to copy what they're writing.

12. Offline

SpielMC

Alright, I sent you a private PM. I have most of the plugin working, just need to fix a few kinks here and there but if you want to try it out its available. :)

13. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

SpielMC You are not allowed to take the conversation of the thread.

14. Offline

SpielMC

You expect me to know what that means?

15. Online

No skype, no PM.

16. Offline

SpielMC

OK. Gotcha.

17. Offline

Rockdude_

timtower does that mean no PM at all? or just not related to this type of thing?
    SpielMC its okay for the mine to work for everyone and no perms are needed. What I mean by a config is when the plugin is loaded, a folder is generated, and within that folder, a config.txt file is created, which can be edited by the user and the plugin reads certain variables, and sometimes stores information.
    So for example, in essentials, (try for yourself) a config is generated, which allows one to change teleportation time, overridden commands, and chat stuff. All i'm asking for is a basic one, maybe would look something like this.
    1. ##########################
    2. #PRESSURE PLATE MINES #
    3. #AUTO GENERATED CONFIG #
    4. ##########################
    5. mine1:
    6. coordiantes:
    7. - 20 -30 223
    8. itemgiven:
    9. - 265
    10. amount:
    11. - 1
    12. cooldown (in seconds):
    13. - 3
    14. mine2:
    15. coordiantes:
    16. - 24 -33 134
    17. itemgiven:
    18. - 266
    19. amount:
    20. - 2
    21. cooldown (in seconds):
    22. - 6

18. Offline

SpielMC

That shouldn't be a problem, what type of stuff do you exactly want in the config? (Besides the time between the iron ingot spawns). Maybe something like who used the command, what time they used it and what coordinates they used it at? Also, can I ask what server you are using this on? I'd love to visit it.

19. Offline

Rockdude_

SpielMC not much else is really needed in the config, just try and get that working. :) The server I am using this on is currently in development, and will eventually be released to the public, and this is one key thing I need, so you will probably have a dev rank if you get this to work. :D
    Oh, and btw. When will it be done?

20. Offline

SpielMC

I'll have it done by end of Friday with all the improvements made.

21. Offline

Rockdude_

SpielMC sounds great! is there a version that works yet?

22. Offline

SpielMC

23. Offline

Rockdude_

SpielMC okay, downloaded it. Going to test it right now

SpielMC works quite fine! A few suggestions you probably already know.
    - "/ppmine" gives you an internal error, may want to make a help page or something for that command
    - "/ppmine destroy" leaves the blocks
    - "/ppmine create" spawns the block next to the player (probably okay, just if u want to change it u can :))

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  24. Offline

SpielMC

Noted. And you said you wanted the block to stay.
    I'll have it changed though if you want.

25. Offline

Rockdude_

SpielMC its okay, leave the blocks. its okay, the mines will only be setup by admins on my server anyway.

26. Online

Rockdude_ No PM related to this request at least

27. Offline

SpielMC

Hey, would you like me upload it now? It seems good to go.

28. Offline

SpielMC

Assuming you don't need it anymore?

29. Offline

Rockdude_

SpielMC yes please upload it! Sorry about not responding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.