Answered Prefix's for plugin development

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by bwfcwalshy, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes even more prefix suggestions :D

I am suggesting 2 more prefixs for plugin development, my prefix suggestions are "Question" and "Issue/Bug" I think this will make posts a little clearer and it will look better.

2. bwfcwalshy I don't think this is a good idea really - the categories overlap quite a bit. Really all it could represent is whether someone knows how to approach something or not, which should be explain in the post not as a prefix. At this point it'd really just be adding prefixes for the sake of having prefixes rather than as quick, meaningful information. While I somewhat like the new prefixes, they aren't that good and would easily be spoiled by having them everywhere.

3. AdamQpzm I understand but, prefixs are meant to show what the post is about/like and with these prefixs i think the Plugin Development would look much better and also be better informitive on whether it is a question or bug. I have seen posts which are un clear and I was unable to help because I didn't know if it was a question or bug. I don't see the prefixs overlapping (may jut be me) I think that a question would be like "is this possible?" and a bug like an NPE.

4. Offline

Skionz

bwfcwalshy I think this would be a good idea.

5. bwfcwalshy Again, I don't think that conveys particularly useful information. Take the resources prefixes for example - a tutorial and a library are different things, and you might think to yourself "Okay, I'm looking for a tutorial on how to do this, not a library to do it for me". The prefixes will allow you to know which the thread is before even opening it. You're not likely to think "Okay, I'm looking to tell someone something is possible, not solve their issues"... so the prefix won't be helpful.

I say that they overlap because some would have the question "What is an NPE?" or "How do I fix this NPE?" or "Why isn't this working?" and mark it as a question when your example use would dictate it should be a bug/issue. About the whole "would look much better" I disagree. Like I said before, prefixes don't look that nice. When they don't seem useful, they just seem like ugly bloat to me. I think you've come about this the wrong way, so here's my advice: Try to think more "What could be more useful here?" and less "What prefixes would make sense here?" :)

Jaaakee224, bwfcwalshy and Gnat008 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.