Solved Prefix isn't showing?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by whist, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

whist

Okay, So I have my perms list with my prefixes etc but they aren't showing in minecraft. It just still has the name etc even when someone is in that group.

2. Offline

martian3333

whist
    What chat plugin are you using? I don't beleive that regular bukkit chat will append prefixes for you.

3. Offline

whist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't have any by the looks of it, What would you recommend for a chat plugin?

4. Offline

martian3333

whist
    You've already got essentials installed, and essentials chat seems to work pretty well in my experience.

5. Offline

whist

Hmm, I have no idea why then. It shows when you connect to the server but doesn't show when you type etc.

6. Offline

martian3333

whist
    Oh, essentialschat is a seperate plugin. The chat stuff isn't built into the main essentials plugin.

7. Offline

whist

Okay, So if i download essentialschat I should be all good to go? Thanks for the help appreciate it.

8. Offline

martian3333

whist
    Correct, the default chat config should give you what you want. You can always tweak it later.

whist likes this.
  9. Offline

whist

martian3333
    I feel really stupid now asking, But I cannot find 'EssentialsChat' On bukkit list? Any idea on where I can find it :oops:

10. Offline

martian3333

11. Offline

mmmalekmmm

Are the permissions working too?

12. Offline

Machinemania

I don't know but i'm actually having the same kind of error except its opposite:
    Everytime i use a command like /fly through essentials, or use /say in console, it keeps showing my prefix in my name instead of just my name: Eg: Set fly mode enabled for player: [Owner] Machinemania3
    I have Herochat, DeathMessages, EssentialsChat (is enabled), and GroupManager. (i think it probably involves one of these) I have seen it on another server as well: Level Up Minecraft.
    Is There A Way To Fix This?

13. Offline

whist

Haha, I have no idea now :/ I even have Essentialschat installed and still no luck!
    [​IMG]
    martian3333

14. Offline

martian3333

whist
    I just looked at the default essentials config. The default doesn't show your prefix. If you look in the section for Essentials Chat in your essentials config file. You can put a # in front of the current format, and remove the # from the one right below it you should be okay.

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

Machinemania
    Why use both herochat and essentialschat?

15. Offline

whist

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

???? Just does not want to work :( This is the only thing that im having problems with :/

16. Offline

martian3333

whist
    Sorry, I was asleep when you left the last message. Please use pastebin and get me a copy of your essentials config. I will adjust it and you can try it again. Also if I could see your permissions file too, that would help.

17. Offline

Necrodoom

{DISPLAYNAME} tag contains prefix/suffix by default.
    whist Paste startup log please.

18. Offline

whist

19. Offline

Necrodoom

whist Paste logs/latest.log file please.

20. Offline

DoomHunter

If you have PermissionsEX,that is the problem...I would recommend you to delete that plugin since you already have GroupManager

21. Offline

Necrodoom

22. Offline

martian3333

Necrodoom DoomHunter
    whist and I were able to sort through his problem. Another plugin called NickMe was causing the prefix not to show for one of his accounts. He already had essentials so we removed NickMe as a redundant plugin. whist please mark this thread as solved when you can.

23. Offline

ZackBlazes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.