PreciousStones - Back under the development of phaed

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by aPunch, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

aPunch

Ryannober, Avous and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

jamescosten

O My god, i think i just jizzed .....:eek:

Tho seriously im going to be having a go with this asap

3. Offline

LSky

Excellent!

4. Offline

Micze

I love PS, I hope this means you will update to new bukkit versions when they get stable?

5. Offline

MacVaultDweller

What just happened.

6. Offline

aPunch

Yes.

I just took over the development for PreciousStones. The original developer will no longer be updating his plugins.

MacVaultDweller likes this.
  7. Offline

MacVaultDweller

I use light switch
    nice job.

8. Offline

stormtroopercs

U sir are a genius :) good job! Love it!

9. Offline

spowney

I suggested this to the previous author he said it would be possible but did not have the time. I realise this is a separate branch to what has come before however.

I think it would be very useful protection-wise to have a configurable option where:

A player breaks a protected block
    The block physically dissapears but doesn't drop any item.
    The player is able to continue forward or stand in the place of the block as it does not exist.
    After a configurable time delay the block will return to its original state.

Presumably this would use a database to record the blocks or something. So is more complicated than right now.

Figure its worth asking anyway, maybe it could be a serperate plugin if you've got time :D

Good luck with the plugin. Thanks.

Also, making guard-dog-mode work where there is one config for online and one config for offline would be useful.
    Right now we use two seperate blocks, one adding guard-dog-mode explosion protection. Which cannot be done with just one block.

1. City (block) protection at all times.
    2. Explosion protection - guard-dog-mode.

Whereas it could be:
    Online: City (block) Protection
    Offline: City (block) protection + TNT protection

I'm interested to hear what people think. :)

10. Offline

Shalobee

First I want to say thank you so much for taking this over my server uses this for its primary protection so THANK YOU :D. I know you wanted issues tracked in your github but I don't have an account and wasn't sure if you could upload pictures there. So not sure if you saw these from the other post but there is a problem with some text getting cutoff when the server has been up for a while. So far its been with the snitch block and the help for me so far. Here are some pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

View attachment 2450
    and
    View attachment 2691

11. Offline

lorki3

Im too lazy to read everything. But i saw the cloak when scrolling and that was so awsome!!!!!
    I just cant wait for bukkit to work again.

12. Offline

spunkiie

keep the good work!

TY

13. Offline

Zaros

So wait.... Protection turns off completely when there is an allowed user online? I'm hoping that means something different that what I'm getting, because some one could just grief it when im afk or somewhere else in the world.

14. For some reason, only me, the guy with "*" can actually use this. As you can see, DDRkhat is the guy ive been trynig to give these permissions to, can you help me out here? Kinda annoying.

Code:
    plugin:
      permissions: {system: default, copies: null}
    groups:
      default:
        default: true
        info: {prefix: '&7[No-Clan]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: null
        permissions: [essentials.signs.disposal.create, essentials.signs.disposal.use,
          essentials.depth, essentials.msg, essentials.afk, essentials.rules, essentials.me,
          essentials.list, essentials.mail.*, essentials.helpop, essentials.whois, essentials.ping,
          essentials.compass, essentials.clearinventory, essentials.getpos, essentials.gc,
          herochat.create, herochat.color, iConomy.access, iConomy.rank, iConomy.list,
          iConomy.payment, iConomydeath.use, iConomy.admin.stats]
      vip:
        info: {prefix: '&7[&eVIP&7:No-Clan]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: [default]
        permissions: ['', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '',
          '', '', '']
      mod:
        info: {prefix: '&a[Moderator]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
        permissions: [essentials.tp, essentials.teleport.*, essentials.tpo, essentials.tpohere,
          essentials.tphere, essentials.tppos, essentials.sethome, essentials.home, essentials.warp,
          essentials.warp.*, essentials.setwarp, essentials.broadcast, essentials.ext,
          essentials.fire, essentials.kick, essentials.ban, essentials.mute, essentials.invesee,
          essentials.unban, essentials.time, vanish.vanish, vanish.vanish.list, nocheat.notify,
          herochat.admin, essentials.item]
      admin:
        default: false
        info: {prefix: '&7[&3Admin&7]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: null
        permissions: ['*']
      modass:
        info: {prefix: '&9[&aMOD:&9A-S-S]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: ['mod']
        permissions: ['']
      ass:
        info: {prefix: '&9[A-S-S]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
        permissions: ['preciousstones.bypass.snitch']
      wmfs:
        info: {prefix: '&8[&fW&4M&fF&4S&8]&f', suffix: '', build: true}
    users:
      eastonch:
        group: admin
        info: {prefix: '', suffix: ''}
        permissions: [essentials.home, essentials.sethome]
      smkes:
        group: vip
      ddrkhat:
        group: modass
        permissions: ['preciousstones.benefit.*, preciousstones.whitelist.*, preciousstones.special.*']
      riterew:
        group: ass
      durgrobach:
        group: wmfs
        permissions: [essentials.sethome, essentials.home, essentials.time]
      eggman141:
        permissions: []
        group: mod
      xxdevilsbl00dxx:
        group: wmfs

15. Offline

GROMkill

Is this compatible with 703?

16. Offline

Maxis010

Only for Guard Dog true blocks

17. Offline

aPunch

I just tested it and it loads properly with #703. I have not tested any of the features in-game, however.

18. Offline

NEO

You should seriously consider adding sqlite and/or mysql support for people with larger servers using hundreds of precious stones. Im sure allot of people would appreciate it.

19. Offline

spunkiie

Indeed

20. Offline

Nathan C

Oh god, yes!

21. Offline

NEO

I would also like to request the ability to add a permissions group to to a P Stone instead of just allowing separate users.

22. Offline

aPunch

Though you still may continue requesting for features to be added, do not expect me to add them right away. I still need to get used to the code so I know exactly what everything does. With that said, Phaed has pushed some new features to his GitHub, so I give you:

Version 3.3

-added Phaed's commits
    -ability to show right-click on signs on snitch lists
    -ability to show use of levers and such

23. Offline

LSky

Thanks for your efforts so far!

Many of the suggestions above are indeed great, I would just also like to add to this the existing issues with plugin and I hope you can get around to them too!

What I've been experiencing is the intruder log not functioning any more after a while. I read in the previous thread how someone else had this issue too, but I haven't tested it with the latest builds because I'd rather wait for a mc1.5_x/RB compatible version. That, and water buckets were still able to be placed within force fields last I checked. I will try to verify all of this when the next RB comes out and there is a compatible PS version for it.

So far, it is great that you are already updating!

24. Offline

Maxis010

Snitch hasn't been working for some time and it's buckets in general, place and remove water and lava

25. Offline

LSky

Ah, I missed the lava because that is disabled on my server.

26. Offline

spunkiie

still showing 3.2.1 on /reload
    also: .zip is corrupted

Well, it's a bad start I can say :(

27. Offline

Zenithas

Unfortunately, it's also doing the same here for version reporting, and giving an unusual error on server start, which I'll try reporting to github.

Query; if I custom define blocks in the config. file, then place a block, should I (as an OP) be able to see the forcefield properties on /ps info? As an OP, am I ignoring the forcefield?

I gave most of the properties of diamond block to sponge, but I can still light fires, on testing.

[Edit]: Never saw that error before, ironic timing of notice is ironic.

28. Offline

aPunch

The version number has nothing to do with what version it actually is. I just forgot to change the version number in the plugin.yml. And how is the zip corrupted?

29. Offline

spunkiie

@aPunch

Just tried to uncompress it and unzip says it's corrupted.

Server admins rely on version number information to keep their plugins up-to-date, so, IMHO it was a nasty problem.

30. Offline

aPunch

I was able to open up the .zip file with no problems at all.

The version number is important. I'll be sure to remember to change it next release. Silly mistake on my part. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.