Question Possible to run 2 permissions sytems at once?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Xanderpitz, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xanderpitz

On my creative server (which is part of a network), we want to display both the user's network donation rank as well as their creative builder rank. There is also a 3rd variable, the Dedicatee rank, which gives them the 4th builder rank and adds a golden [D] prefix to their name.

I found a way to solve this problem simply by separating the ranks between 2 different permissions systems.
    I'd use GroupManager for the network donation ranks and PermissionsEX with 2 rank ladders, one for the creative build ranks and the other for the build ranks with the [D] prefix.

The main issue I found is that the permissions systems conflict with each other and screw up when used simultaneously. Is this because they both use SuperPerms? If so, are there any permissions plugins that don't use SuperPerms and won't interfere?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Xanderpitz multiple permissions systems will always interfere. Every single one of them also uses SuperPerms, would be kind useless otherwise.
    You can probably get a plugin that just shows the ranks based on permissions.

3. Offline

Xanderpitz

Ok, so it'd be something that adds a prefix if they have the permission for it instead? How would it keep the prefix if their donation rank or creative rank is promoted? The big issue is that there's 3 potential prefixes to display: donation, creative, and dedicatee. Most permissions plugins I've seen only support 2, which is why i split the donation rank as 1 and the build ranks (dedicatee included) as 2 separate ladders with 1 prefix.

4. Online

@Xanderpitz My plugin ChatLikeMe is semi able to do this. You can define a couple permission formats, then you make sure that they only have 1 of those permissions at the time.

5. Offline

Xanderpitz

Ok, cool. I know this isn't Bukkit related, but the donation ranks will probably also be linked through MySQL & Bungeecord so they're updated across all servers. Would it be possible to still separately define the permissions for the donation ranks as a rank in itself or is there really not a way to link that up.

6. Online

Bungeecord requires offline mode, offline mode is not supported by Bukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.