Possible definite solution for hacking may be real ?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Ziden, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ziden

I know hacking is something that really pisses server administrators off, at least myself.

So i was wondering about a solution with no too complex development and also realiable.

Its not 100% secure, however it seems a good way to go, and a pretty much simple thing, spout has done this.

By creating a mod and a plugin, that comunicates between themselves we could have a big door opened on knowing whats happening inside a minecraft game in players machine. Using reflection, we could easly detect installed components, as well as using Forge API. We could also have a MD5 of the players jar file, or a MD5 of specific .class objects that must not be modified, or those classes hashed out could be compared. This paired up with a simple update system can deal wins. Of course, the big problem is, someone edittin your code to inform your plugin the 'ok, hes clean' so you could bypass this, but we can make that become harder.

Am i trippin too much or this could be a quite good solution ?

2. Offline

mythbusterma

Client-side mods are not supported on this forum, but for the record, faking a "yea, this player is good" packet would not be difficult, even simpler, you could pop open the Jar, delete all the checking code, and return a positive result without too much effort.

3. Offline

Necrodoom

This has been discussed before, and has always ended in the same 2 conclusions:
    1. Requires modifying client, voids a lot of potential players
    2. If player is smart enough to write his own cheats into a custom client, then he can override your safety checks.

jthort, Garris0n and mythbusterma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.