Portforwarding not working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Reteckz, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Reteckz

Hello guys,

It seems that my port won't open (25565).
    I did add the 25565 port, BOTH to 192.168.0.101 (My IPv4 adress), but I still can't connect using 84.31.65.77, only with localhost or 192.168.0.101.
    My router is a sitecom wlr-6000.
    And yes, I did disable the firewall on the router configuration website.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Offline

Iroh

So you are forwarding from 25565-25565 to 198.168.1.yourpc? Have you setup a static ip yet? Without a static ip you get a new adress each time. Here is how to set one up.
    1. Control Panel
    2. Network and Internet
    3. Network and Sharing Center
    4. You will see connections written next to the wi-fi symbol click that
    5. Then go to properties
    6. Click internet protocol version 4 (for you this may be different)
    7. Click properties with protocol v4 selected
    8. Then click use the following ip adress
    9. Enter what internal ip you wanna use like 192.168.1.145
    10. Enter 255.255.255.0 for subnet mask
    11. Figure out what dns server you use and enter that below, Or you can use obtain automatically, but I am not sure that will work.
    Also can I suggest http://signaturecraft.us/ they will make you a better looking server status :)

3. Offline

nnbengboy2

When you are attempting to connect using your public ip address, what computer are you using? If you are on the server computer, it won't work. Ask a friend to try connecting using your public IP. That is really the only way to see if it is working.

4. Offline

Reteckz

Tried this, still doesn't work.

I even tried http://www.yougetsignal.com, still saying 25565 is closed.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  5. Offline

Iroh

So you set up a static ip correct? Test that by opening command promt and typing ip config. Then see if your ipv4 address is correct. Also open the port in windows firewall.

6. Offline

Reteckz

Opened it in windows firewall, still not working.
    And yes, it got setup right.

7. Offline

Iroh

I think I have it. You said your ipv4 address was 192.168.0.101 it should be 192.168.1.101. I think you just need to replace that 0 with a 1 xD

8. Offline

Reteckz

Nope, it's really a 0 ;)

9. Offline

Iroh

strange mine and all the others I have seen have been 1's.

Sorry that is all I got

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Reteckz

Np, thanks anyways!

11. Offline

Shieldcrafter

Ok something is up.
    I know your ip 4 adress has a 0 but that means theres an issue.
    Logically all 1p 4 adressed must have a 1 in that spot.
    If you have a skype please tell me it so you can show me the screen with the share screen option.

12. Offline

nnbengboy2

I hate to tell you this...but that is not correct information. A private ip address can be 192.168.x.x where the x's can be any number ranging from 0-254 (255 is reserved). It is possible that this person's set up is in the 192.168.0.x network.

Networking problems can, however, be very complex. From what you're telling us, everything is set up correctly. I personally would need more info or need to see the setup myself to be of any further help. Sorry.

I do have one more suggestion...
    One way to ensure that no settings are causing the problem on your router's end of things...you can perform a factory reset. Keep in mind that you will have to set up port forwarding again and any other configuration that you have performed since purchase, such as setting up wifi. Just a suggestion if you can afford to try. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.