Portable Utilities

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by TheMinecraftKnight, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Utilities / Donator Perks

Suggested name: Portable-Utilites

What I want:
    A plugin that adds multiple commands, each for one of the utilities eg /enchantingtable (alias /et) and an enchanting GUI opens up. I won't need /enderchest or /workbench as I have Essentials for that, I would however like these commands:
    Ideas for commands:

Default Command | Alias | Description
    • /furnace | /cook | Opens a furnace GUI THAT KEEPS COOKING WHILE CLOSED. Essentially a Furnace PlayerVault
    • /anvil | NO ALIAS | Opens an anvil GUI
    • /enchantingtable | /et | Opens an enchanting table GUI (with 3 lapis in if you have the correct permission).
    • /jukebox | /song | Places a jukebox where ever you are looking. Right-click to open a GUI with a song chooser (Permission based eg utility.song.cat). Left click / punch to put it back into your portable cloud. Cannot be performed when the jukebox is already out. It needs some form of optional protection for usage.
    • /Brewingstand | /brew | Same as Furnace, just with a brewing stand with bottles, netherwart and blaze powder if you have permission (assuming that's possible)
    • /Utilities | /utils | Opens a GUI with all the utilities. Here is a gif of what I'd like it to look like: http://imgur.com/F2FJuEh (Because /workbench and /echest are made by external plugins I don't know if you will be able integrate these into the menu. I hope so.)

Ideas for permissions:
    utlitiy.furnace, utility.anvil, utility.enchant, utility.enchant.lapis, utility.jukebox.[song], utility.brew, utility.list

When I'd like it by:
    Whenever while ASAP. I appreciate this is a HUGE request, so I won't rush anyone :)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@TheMinecraftKnight
    Minecraft version is missing. Anvils on 1.8 are "a bitch" to put it mildly. I fixed them to be usable for my Anvil Gui using this sourc code. They may be not fully functional for actually repairing stuff, you would need to try that out.

For Minecraft 1.10 (And I think even 1.9 Wrong. It is an issue for 1.9), this is no longer an issue, as they decided to thankfully fix this (~8 lines for them. The method is called setupAnvil in CraftContainer and my code is just a recreation using reflection).

Build permissions?

What happens when you log out? Or forget the jukebox? Or the song ended?

Most things are. The question is the effort you want to put into it. This should be entirely doable, but maybe Bukkit has some quirks in that regard too. I don't trust anything with Inventories anymore ;) (Not that I could do it better! They have done a great job with bukkit as a whole)

Closing the gui and executing a command should be enough. You could probably generalize that for all items in the Gui, so you do not need to treat these two specially.

This doesn't seem particulary huge (so somebody might actually make it), but I might be wrong :)

I do not plan to create this.

3. I would like this for 1.10.
    Looking back now, remove the jukebox completely - I just copied and pasted my old post which was when it was a different server gamemode, and it no longer seems necessary.
    Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.