Port Forwarded but Still Blocked (connection refused)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CraftCities, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CraftCities

I have a server that was up right when I made it and stayed up for like a day. Then I shut it down for the night. The next day, no one could connect to my server. My IP is static for both my computer and the router it is connected to (I have a dual router network, and in between the routers there is a cascade port ethernet splitter thing) and both routers are port forwarded correctly but now when I check my port on canyouseeme.org it says it is blocked (connection refused). After checking like 100 times I called my ISP and they told me that my modem does not have a firewall and should allow all ports because it is in public ip mode. When I connect to just the first router, it is still blocked, and when I connect to just the modem it is blocked also.

I have another port (port 80) forwarded but I think it is automatically forwarded for everyone because it is open according to canyouseeme.org on any computer (even if it is forwarded for that ip or not). But, when I plug in directly to the modem, it is blocked (connection refused). I don't know why I am having this problem but I need help!

2. Offline

cray_Z

Did you allow the port through your windows 7 firewall? (assuming you have a pc, let alone windows 7)

3. Offline

CraftCities

I have both and yes (actually it is turned off at the moment) but its not that becuase I cant access it on my mac laptop either. Both dont allow it:/

Ok I fixed it!

I used a program to auto port forward (and I dont know how it works because it doesnt change settings on your router and I have a dual router network so I was skeptical) and you can get it from here:

http://download.cnet.com/SPI-Port-Forward/3000-2651_4-10764348.html

I forwarded the ports using that and while they were activated I kept getting end of stream, but I deactivated it and the ports are open and it works!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

Shujahat125

5. Offline

Jade

Locked. Necro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.