[Poll] Would you use MongoDB?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by md_5, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Would you use MongoDB

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Maybe

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

md_5

As a server owner, if a plugin required you to use MongoDB, would you install it an use that plugin?
    http://www.mongodb.org/
    It's like MySQL but souped up. All Linix distros have it in their package manager so it is a breeze to install.

Thoughts?

dark_hunter likes this.
  2. Offline

lol768

I like MySQL because I can easily manage it via SQL commands. MongoDB is built on something entirely different, so I'd have trouble managing/maintaining such a database

3. Offline

hatstand

Depends on how important I consider the plugin, and if there were any alternatives with the same feature set.

4. Offline

Nathan C

Nope...

If all plugins supported it, then sure............but as it stands, I don't care to install more software, just to run one single plugin. I would simply avoid the plugin that requires MongoDB.

5. Offline

TnT

A NoSQL database is not "like MySQL but souped up."
    It is a different type of database engine, and not always appropriate for every use case. For me, it really depends on what the plugin would need to store in the database.

If anyone is curious, Google NoSQL vs SQL for more information.

6. Offline

md_5

Depending on the context of its usage you could call it souped up in comparison :c
    And yes I do know what NoSQL is, I was picking between CouchDB and MongoDB before making this topic :)

7. Offline

Bradley Hilton

I know this is kind of old, but I use mongodb for my custom plugins as I find it a lot more simpler to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.