Poison Water

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pale2hall, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Offline

pale2hall

I'm looking for a plugin that poisons users when they touch water.

If this has already been developed, that would be awesome, if not, it would be cool to see it become a reality.

2. Offline

zombieman1000

it is possible but it would be hell and back to develope it

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

This is very easy to make, please don't discourage development of a simple plugin.

4. Offline

zombieman1000

well it is not something that would be easy for me.But im sorry

5. Offline

pale2hall

So here's my guess of how I can do this, please advise if I'm doing it wrong:

Code:
    Player Move Listener
        If Block Player is in == Water
            poison the player

6. Offline

Orcem12

Thank you for helping me trying to inform 'devs' the actual possibilities of Bukkit plugins, lol. It's not a easy task xD

@pale2hall
    You absolutely right. This plugin is that simple. If you want to try yourself I'd be more than happy to help or if you want me to do it that's fine as well.

7. Offline

xenox_ghost

Hi baxter, im currently writing a plugin and this indeed looks very simple however i am stumped. Could you perhaps write a small example for me of a listener that does exactly what pale2hall wrote out? It would mean the world to me, thanks!

8. Offline

NinjaW0lf

I could make this, very simple. If anyone else doesnt pick this up, i can make this

The way i would do it is
    If Player is in water...apply poison potion
    Thats just the way i would do it.

9. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Yeah, what ninjaw0lf said. Just set up some scheduler tasks to check location.

10. Offline

np98765

There is a plugin that does this. I remember because someone requested this same thing, I started creating it, and then WarmakerT gave a link to the exact same thing. :3

EDIT: Found it, http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/noswimming/

EDIT #2: Oh, this plugin actually damages the user, doesn't directly poison them.

11. Offline

dreadiscool

Just a question, why not, instead of setting up a scheduler, hook into the PlayerMoveEvent? Is this too inefficient? :L