PlugSig - Share your sexy plugin!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by user_43347, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

user_43347

Warning: This was a 1 hour challenge from a friend, I know it isn't super sexy or customization, because this version of release was made in 1 hour during Accounting class, so don't complain until I improve it.

What is this?
    PlugSig (excuse the horrible name, I'm welcome to better names) allows you to easily create a signature that shows off the statistics of your plugin and auto-updates to the latest information. Including authors, supported game versions, latest version, description, popularity, and more! You are able to customize the colors, text colors, text shadows, and even add custom background images.

How do I use it?
    Throw in a new image into your signature, and add this as the URL, modifying the values of course:
    Code:
    http://kreckin.com/work/plugsig/?plugin=myPluginSlug&text=textColor&bg=backgroundColor&width=100&height=100&shadows=myShadowColor
    • For the plugin parameter, enter the name of your plugin's name as it appears on it's BukkitDev URL, for example if the plugin URL is http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/herobrineunleashed/ you would enter "herobrineunleashed".
    • The text parameter is the color of the text, visit this sexy website to pick out a color, you want the hex value in the top box.
    • The bg parameter is the color of the background, do the same thing as you did for the text parameter. If you want to use a background image instead, pass "FFF" (white) for bg and add "&img=myImageURLHere" to the URL (must be png, haven't added support for others).
    • Obviously width and height control and width and height.
    • Shadows is optional, you can remove it if you wish. Otherwise, pick a text shadow color like you did for the bg and text parameters and throw it in there.
    • If you tack on a "&xspace=", you can control the X spacing for the right column. The default is 225, you can change it as needed to prevent overlap.
    How does it work?
    It uses PHP (sorry Sushi, I'll redo it in Ruby soon) and snags data from the amazingly awesome BukGet API by SteveMcGrath and creates the image based off the parameters. Once I port it to Ruby and clean it up, I'll release the source and add way more features, maybe an actual web GUI.

That's all folks!
    Thanks for reading, enjoy if possible! Warning: May contain nuts.
    Here's an example URL for one of my plugins: click here.

devilquak likes this.
  2. Offline

gomeow

except, metrics...

3. Offline

KeybordPiano459

Wouldn't this be a bukkit tool?

XlegitXcrazymanX likes this.
  4. Looks cool.

5. Offline

Bobfan

Plugins are inanimate, therefor they cannot be sexy.

6. Offline

tyzoid

7. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

[​IMG]

overlap!

8. Offline

user_43347

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  9. Offline

tyzoid

How are these cached? Does the server generate one every request?

10. Offline

user_43347

They are cached to basic PNGs, the image is regenerated if it hasn't been requested in 30 minutes and was just requested.

tyzoid likes this.
  11. Offline

C0nsole

steaks4uce
    1) If everything about this is Sexy, you should make there be a Sexy font :3
    2) What is with the speeed thing?
    3) Not only should it look for people called author on the BukkitDev page, it should also look for Maintainer and still have it after "By:" all the same.
    [​IMG]

12. Offline

cMan_

A work of art.

13. Offline

user_43347

1. I'm working on custom fonts.
    2. It grabs authors from the page, somewhere in the BukkitDev system speeed has a role in your plugin.
    3. Adding.

14. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

BukGet reads plugin.yml files.

C0nsole likes this.
  15. Offline

user_43347

About to push an update:
    - Custom fonts.
    - Ability to round corners.
    - Online interface.

MrBluebear3, zeeveener and lol768 like this.
  16. Offline

Hoolean

Sounds promising :D

DarkRiddles likes this.
  17. Offline

TnT

Moved to Bukkit Tools.

18. Offline

devilquak

Challenge accepted...

bobacadodl and steaks4uce like this.
  19. Offline

SteveMcGrath

You know, if you want to write it in python, you could always initiate a push and get it into the main api. I did a quick search and there are a few libraries that can be leveraged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.