Plugins not loading when I put them in the plugin folder and restart server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AndyFox42, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AndyFox42

For reasons I can't seem to determine, my server has suddenly decided to stop loading plugins. I place the .jar in the plugins folder, restart, nothing. No new folder is created, no new plugin is listed when typing /pl in game to see the list of plugins.

I am not new at this. I've been running a busy server for months. I've never had issues before. This morning I decided to update a few plugins to the latest versions. Currently, as a result of this problem, the server refuses to acknowledge that permissions.jar exists in the plugins folder. No Permissions folder is created despite many restarts, and as a result all my players are now rankless without access to the commands they should have.

Case in point: To troubleshoot this issue, I have removed all plugins except for three (minequery, spout, and votifier.) I add Permissions.jar to the plugins folder. I restart server. No permissions folder is created. In game I do /pl, and see only those three plugins listed.

It should be noted that this is a remotely hosted (i.e. rented) server, and my access to the console/ftp is via MCMyAdmin. Also, I am running CB version 1000.

2. Offline

ImminentFate

the problem may be that while you close the server, the java.exe process is still running. This will prevent any plugins you add from showing up in the game console. To fix this, try going into task manager and force killing the java and javaw.exe processes and try again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.