Plugins not funtioning at all.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Tawmasdat, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Andre_9796

Its right when you say baterror. That causes the error. He has to rename it. But you dont have o tell him that. I said so 3 posts before. Read first before give an anser which is already there

2. Offline

Tawmasdat

It wouldn't let me rename it so i just re-downlaoded the snapshot.jar and deleted the craftbukkit.jar. Its running the .jar but when i try to run my .bat it tells me that i failed to bind the port. It has said this before, but im not sure how i fixed it.

EDIT: And what you are saying is only put the '*' in my thomas.yml(<--World name) and it will give me permissions to all of my plugins?

Attached Files:

3. Offline

TnT

Your OS has a hung Java process. Either reboot your server, or kill the java.exe process that is running.

4. Offline

Tawmasdat

Done. .bat is working again. i started up minecraft, still no plugins active.

Edit: btw that line under admins, next to prefix happend to be where my cursor was when i took the screenshot.

Attached Files:

5. Offline

TnT

That "plugins=" line is not used, btw. Do you have the plugin jar files in your plugins directory? Can I see an updated directory output of your plugins folder, and your main server folder?

6. Offline

Tawmasdat

[MERGETIME="1299625675"][/MERGETIME]

Attached Files:

7. Offline

TnT

Can you try with simply the WorldEdit plugin - no permissions, no essentials, just WorldEdit?

Also, you have a craftbukkit.jar.jar file and a craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar file in your main folder. Pick one to use and use it - delete the other. Also remove your Minecraft_Server.exe.

8. Offline

Tawmasdat

Did everything you said. this was the result. Minecraftscreen.jpg WorldeditResult.jpg

9. Offline

TnT

Well, the good news here is that you can install and remove plugins at your whim - they load correctly.

Now you're stuck getting them all configured the way you want. Sadly, I'm not going to be much help to you with that, as I don't use Permissions, Essentials, or pretty much every other one of your plugins.

10. Offline

Tawmasdat

thanks for the help. I just need someone to help me out with the configuring now haha.

11. Offline

Bazinga

The .yml permissions use has to be same name as your world. I saw you named it Thomas.yml. Sinse it has multiworldsupport and is able to have different permissions on each you need to pay attention to this.

Also the .yml format can only have 4 spaces as tabb. If you use tabb it will not work and it will show a parsing error in the console.

12. Offline

kwg

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        Admins:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

users:
        Tawmasdat:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
    try that as your permissions config. make sure the config.yml you make matchs the world name (from your last dir screenshot you posted, that was world. if you renamed it Thomas, make the config Thomas.yml.) I see in the log screenshot your world is Thomas, so put Thomas.yml in the plugins/Permissions folder

also, you have "permissions:" twice in the worldedit config, take out the second one and then fix the spacing to indent each line 4 spaces after permissions. this only matters as a fallback. if you have permissions installed worldedit will read that instead

13. Offline

Bazinga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.