Plugins not funtioning at all.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Tawmasdat, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tawmasdat

I am just a noob at setting up plugins. I'm sure I've got most everything correct (screenshots below), and i just recently downloaded the most recent updates on everything. I even get confirmation on my command prompt that everything was loaded. When I login to my server, it goes as if I had no plugins installed at all. If I did have them installed, it says i "don't have the permissions to complete this command". I don't know if I have my plugins in the wrong folder, my permissions are incorrect, or i'm just doing something else wrong. Below should be some screenshots of my information. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me on this. And again, i'm not so tech savvy on creating this kind of stuff but i'm beginning to learn with experience.

There are bound to be errors.

EDIT: Check the most recent posts to see updated information and photos.

Commandpromt1.png Configs1.png Folders1.png

2. Offline

Andre_9796

Downgrade to the last recommended build 493 and try again. Your plugins are working for me on that build.

3. Offline

Tawmasdat

Build 493? XD sorry not sure what that is. Are you talking about Craftbucket?

4. Offline

Andre_9796

Oh no you gave yourself no permissions. You have to give the admin group all permissions with - '*' Damn dude that is silly

5. Offline

Tawmasdat

HAHA. I knew I would mess my permissions up. Thanks. I'm going to try this.

6. Offline

Andre_9796

Tell me then if it works

7. Offline

Tawmasdat

Uh oh. i'm on 64 bit.

Attached Files:

8. Offline

Andre_9796

Does it work now?

9. Offline

Tawmasdat

nope. And you wanted my launcher? Would that be the command prompt when i launch the server, or the console that launches my server?

10. Offline

Andre_9796

The text inside the .bat file

11. Offline

Tawmasdat

Launcher1.png
    EDIT: I just noticed an error in the Essentials config. fixing that now.

12. Offline

Andre_9796

Does everything work now?

13. Offline

Tawmasdat

OK SO. I updated, changed the permissions correctly, ran the .bat file (no [severe]'s), ran my server, and it STILL doesn't work.

Attached Files:

14. Offline

Andre_9796

Please remove all permissions BELOW -'*' because you only need this. Tell me then

15. Offline

Tawmasdat

Done. Still no. I'm still not sure what i'm doing wrong here. does the .bat file need a specific name? I just named it "Run(.)bat"
    --- merged: Mar 8, 2011 12:56 AM ---
    Done. Still no. I'm still not sure what i'm doing wrong here. does the .bat file need a specific name? I just named it "Run(.)bat"

16. Offline

Andre_9796

No it doesnt. It seem like everything is right so i couldnt help anymore. Ask evilseph or tnt

17. Offline

Tawmasdat

Alright thanks for your help.

18. Offline

Andre_9796

No problem

19. Offline

Tawmasdat

bump. Anyone?

20. Offline

Brant Wladichuk

Your permission config file has to be the name of your world file.

Change 'Tawmasdat's Server.yml" to "world.yml"

Unless your world name is Tawmasdat's Server.

Hope this helped!

Edit: Ignore me, just noticed you have a world named 'Tawmasdat's Server'

21. Offline

Tawmasdat

no one seems to be responding to my messages. ill post some pics of details of my folder and such. could you go through again and check for errors? BTW: I got this new message when i ran the .bat. Check the photos. Folder2.png Minecraftserverfldr2.png pluginsnplayersfldr2.png Essentialsandworldedtfldr2.png baterror2.png
    [MERGETIME="1299557533"][/MERGETIME]
    Haha. Thanks anyways! Just wondering, do you notice any errors in my config's? It would really help me. Thanks.
    [MERGETIME="1299559141"][/MERGETIME]
    Server Properties. Almost forgot this.

Serverproperties2.png s
    [MERGETIME="1299560096"][/MERGETIME]
    I;m going to go ahead and get off the forums, but please, PLEASE if you find anything incorrect with my screenshots I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me. Thanks

Attached Files:

22. Offline

Bazinga

make sure to use 4 space instead of tab in the .yml files. otherwise the parsing will not work.

also i'd suggest having a simple worldname with just a-z characters and no spaces. At the very least remove the '.

I recommend notepad++ as a really nice easy to use free text editor.

last post you can't even start the server?
    Edit your run.bat file to this template.
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit.jar"
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86"  java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit.jar"

PAUSE
    That's what i run on w7 x64. If that fails maybe you messed up some file restrictions? tried running the bat as admin?

23. Offline

Tawmasdat

Ill change the world name now. And the server is running fine. Its as if my installed plugins aren't even there. Not sure how to edit my .bat file, though. As for notepad++, ill get on that now.

24. Offline

Bazinga

just open run.bat with notepad or notepad++ and you should be fine
    actually rightclick and "edit with" might be the way to go

25. Offline

Tawmasdat

Ah. *facepalm* I used your setup. same error message on command prompt. I also renamed my world to "Thomas" and double checked in any configs if the world name needed to be changed. I'm still stumped.. My server works fine, its just the plugins aren't there.

26. Offline

Bazinga

When you say "aren't there" you mean you can't use the commands?
    I mean cause the server console you pasted has shown plugins being loaded and such. Try moving out all but the Permission.jar and just get that one to load correctly.
    It should state something like this in the console...
    After you get so far try adding one plugin at a time and try the commands on the server.

27. Offline

Andre_9796

The bat error is caused by the name of he jar. In your launcher its called craftbukkitsnapshot.... But in your folder its only craftbukkit.jar rename the .jar in the snapshot to only craftbukki.jar and try again. It should start the server

EDIT: if you have all permissions you dont have to give yourself all permissions in each plugin. - '*' in permissions is needed not more

28. Using this for server.properties myself:
    level-name=Kilrogg
    hellworld=false
    spawn-monsters=true
    online-mode=false
    spawn-animals=true
    max-players=10
    server-ip=
    pvp=false
    server-port=25565
    white-list=false
    spawn-protection=0

server-ip should be blank for most servers and you don't need to list plugins here at all. All you need to do is place their .jar files in plugins directory.

29. Offline

Andre_9796

Thats not what anybody want here. Were talking about a .bat file and you tell us your properties.

30. We'll see after he gets the bat working maybe.. just noticing all the weirdnesses.

In baterror2.png you are trying to run craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar while in the actual folder you have craftbukkit.jar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.