Plugins failing to Init (NoClassDefFoundError)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by keraos, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

keraos

Hey, so I'm running a little bukkit server for myself and a couple people, but since I updated to the last couple of beta builds, I've been finding that a lot of my plugins do not work. They all seem to register the same error: org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: which seems to be related to something called 'SimplePluginManager'. Is there something I'm missing in the update process? I can post my log as well for deeper inspection (though it appears I'd have to rename the extension).

I did look around the forums, but didn't spot a fix offhand. I'm notoriously bad at finding things in forums though, so my deepest apologies if this is a double post v.v;

Edit: If it helps, here's my startup script:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -jar "craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.3.jar"
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86"  java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar "craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.3.jar"
    PAUSE

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Could you paste the full errors? :)

Also keraos moved to appropriate forum

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  3. Offline

keraos

The errors are pretty much the same for the various plugins, they're as follows:

2012-05-09 18:58:02 [INFO] [FastObby] Enabling FastObby v2.0
    2012-05-09 18:58:02 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling FastObby v2.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/Event$Type
    at nl.lolmen.FO.FastObsidian.onEnable(FastObsidian.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:371)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:358)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.Event$Type
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 11 more

Edit: TY for the move, didn't know quite where to put this :)

4. Offline

Paswaru

When CraftBukkit 1.1-R1 was released, a new event system for plug-ins to use was implemented, making the old system deprecated. With the release of CraftBukkit 1.1-R5/6, the old system was removed. So any plug-in which have not been updated to the new system will no longer work.

FastObsidian was last released for build 1597, which was CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1. You can try to contact Lolmewn the author and see if he will update it or the alternative is codename_B and some other plugin developers have been updating plugins on request in this thread.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ab...you-help-required-updating-loads-to-do.62906/

5. Offline

keraos

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for the info!

6. Offline

Lolmewn

Are you using the new version from dev.bukkit.org? It should work.

7. Offline

keraos

8. Offline

rct3fan24

I'm getting this error with ALL the new plugins I'm trying to download, but the ones I already have seem to work fine. I'm trying to get an MOTD mod, and ALL of them are producing that error and not loading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.