Filled PluginConfigurer (Closed)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PureGermanity, Jun 9, 2014.

?

Can you make this plugin for me?

1. I am working on this plugin for you!

50.0%
  2. I have made this plugin for you!

50.0%
  3. This plugin is impossible to make!

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Offline

PureGermanity

Dear very kind plugin makers,

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: PluginConfigurer

What I would like: I would like to see a plugin that let's you configure a plugin, via a command (down below), and it would open the config (with a specific name, example: config.yml or settings.yml). I t should be opened in the default program the computer uses to edit those kinds of files. If there is no default program the user should be told via the chat in any colour (the dev(s) could choose) that there is no default program. To fix this the message should say that the should manually go to the .yml file or any other file type it may be and choose a default program, and then the plugin should from that point on use that program.

I do not know if this is possible, but would be amazed if this were possible.

Ideas for commands: /configure <pluginfoldername> <configname>

Ideas for permissions: plugin.configure

When I'd like it by: ASAP

Thanks in the future! :D

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

CoderCloud

PureGermanity Hey again :D
    You can't access extenrnal programms from within bukkit, you would need a 3rd party programm for this.

4. Offline

PureGermanity

Command to install plugin also works, so I think this would be quite handy as well!

5. Offline

Yes you can, if done right
    We can't send it to a client though. It will open on the server, then you can also open it by hand

6. Offline

PureGermanity

Was worth a try sorry for the post!

7. Offline

Deleted user

PureGermanity
    It might be possible, but META-INF may get in our way

8. Offline

CoderCloud

timtower The only thing that would come to my mind, is creating a HTTP socket, and sending the access address to the player. and create a form that can be submitted, and would send you the changed config to your socket, that you could then save to a file again :D

9. Offline

Then just get multicraft and open it there.

10. Offline

CoderCloud

zombiekiller753 What should your meta-inf do. Its only going to cause problems when you use mods

timtower Yes, but that not really a plugin :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  11. Offline

From server to client with plugins: no
    From server to web: multicraft
    From server to server: Why not open it by hand?

12. Offline

PureGermanity

Read the third reply!

13. Offline

That is downloading a plugin. This is sending, editing, sending it back, saving it.
    If you do that with a plugin it will be incredibly ugly and hard to use

14. Offline

PureGermanity

15. Offline

CoderCloud

timtower Do you know a way to get the serverIp from a bukkitplugin

16. Offline

Go to my profile page, we will talk there about this

If you can explain in detail how you see that this works then you can try to convince people.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

PureGermanity

This will be used for people who do not want to open and close the server folder every time they want to edit a config, and for people who can't run that many tasks at once, if they don't have a good computer, and just want to use this to save time, and only need it for a server for a group of friends. And also for lazy people, like me! :D

18. Offline

That is what and why, not how. Will the file be opened on the same machine as the server or at the client? That kind of stuff

19. Offline

PureGermanity

now I understand the question. The file should be opened on the same machine as the server, and as soon as it is saved, the changes should be applied.

I hope I got the question right now ;)

20. Offline

Now it makes sense.
    If somebody wants to do this, go ahead.
    If not: I might take a look when I have time ( not very soon )

21. Offline

PureGermanity

Ok timtower thanks for the heads up, and also for the support! :D

CoderCloud or zombiekiller753, you think one of you (or you could work together) will be able to make this plugin?

22. Offline

CoderCloud

PureGermanity I might do this, but your server would need an additional port to use my plugin.

23. Offline

It will run localhost:

24. Offline

PureGermanity

It might run on a different machine soon (1 month), but fro now it runs on the same one :D

25. Offline

If the server runs on the same machine as where you want to open the file then there is no issue. It becomes an issue if you want to open it somewhere else but the hosting machine

26. Offline

PureGermanity

Thanks for the info, but I think I will always edit the server locally, but to run it (publicly) I would do it on a different host, probably mcprohosting, and every time I would want to edit something I would just get the server folder, and edit it locally. Thanks once again!

27. Offline

28. Offline

PureGermanity

29. Offline

Alster551

30. Offline

Had some issues with opening the file itself XD.